Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City *** Official Match Thread ***

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This thread's getting a bit embarrassing now. NSC's most bitter spinning anything and everything to suit their questionable viewpoint. Bit like anti-vaxxers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like a striker with no confidence who hates to head the ball. Made Connolly look even better though!

Cantor and Warren thought he did pretty well, but there are some NSCers who’d struggle to even contemplate that :shrug:

They liked his movement and his passing

You are one who expects instant results though, just as your negativity and lack of vision as to what GP was trying to do last season, nobody gets leeway with you :wink:

#teamlocadia here

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
why is anyone in the slightest concerned about Connelly cupping an ear at the Swansea fans. There was no doubt whatsoever that is what he was doing as he ran directly at them to do so. Its a gesture seem almost every week in every league when scoring in front of the away fans.

The man has just scored both goals and got us through to the next round, given himself a great confidence boost at the same time and anyone at the game or seeing highlights could plainly see that the gesture was at Swansea Fans. So anyone commenting differently is either deliberately being mischievous, or making assumptions (on NSC-who would have thought) based on their own preconceived opinions. Its quite possible that a few Swansea fans had been making comments directed at him earlier-thats what away fans do after all and he was quite reasonably giving a bit back by celebrating a goal

He has just done what we all wanted him to, and in the space of 38 mins become the second highest scorer this season so far- and first in terms of goals per mins played. Just be happy we won and stop taking pops at the guy who won the match

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
why is anyone in the slightest concerned about Connelly cupping an ear at the Swansea fans. There was no doubt whatsoever that is what he was doing as he ran directly at them to do so. Its a gesture seem almost every week in every league when scoring in front of the away fans.

The man has just scored both goals and got us through to the next round, given himself a great confidence boost at the same time and anyone at the game or seeing highlights could plainly see that the gesture was at Swansea Fans. So anyone commenting differently is either deliberately being mischievous, or making assumptions (on NSC-who would have thought) based on their own preconceived opinions. Its quite possible that a few Swansea fans had been making comments directed at him earlier-thats what away fans do after all and he was quite reasonably giving a bit back by celebrating a goal

He has just done what we all wanted him to, and in the space of 38 mins become the second highest scorer this season so far- and first in terms of goals per mins played. Just be happy we won and stop taking pops at the guy who won the match

Those who were at Orient years ago will remember Richardson(?) of Orient running the length of the Albion populated stand cupping his ear and the anger of Albion fans after he put Orient into the lead. It’s what players do when they have got shit from opposition fans. Good on Connolly imo :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Locadia was ok I thought. He did about 2-3 smart first time/defence splitting passes, looked pretty strong, had a couple of touches in their box.
Interestingly Potter was playing him (like Connolly) as a left sided forward with Moder as the false #9 - Jakub had one of his quieter games though . He’s more used to that left sided role perhaps.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Locadia was ok I thought. He did about 2-3 smart first time/defence splitting passes, looked pretty strong, had a couple of touches in their box.

Locadia had a very good moment more or less at the end of normal time. The ball was played to him on the left flank. If I remember right, he laid it off first touch before setting off on a lung buster run (I know, right?) into the centre of the box waiting for the final ball, which was cut out just before it reached him. It was a great little move. Shame it didn’t quite come off because it would have been a sight to see if he’d buried it, as he’d got into a great position.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Cantor and Warren thought he did pretty well, but there are some NSCers who’d struggle to even contemplate that :shrug:

You are one who expects instant results though, just as your negativity and lack of vision as to what GP was trying to do last season, nobody gets leeway with you :wink:

#teamlocadia here

He joined us getting on for 4 years ago for £15m. To date, he has contributed little or nothing when given his opportunities in the first team. He failed spectacularly in the MLS ffs.

I'm not sure that those critical of him are expecting "instant results". He has had plenty opportunity to prove he could do it. He hasn't. Whether that is because he can't (which I doubt) or he can't be arsed, only he can answer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

#teamlocadia here

The difference is I was there. You are relying on radio commentary.

The bloke is a number nine who stated he doesn't like heading the ball and he ducked one again last night to lose the ball. He will never, ever be good enough for the first team, just like your other pet player that YOU got wrong, Ali J :)

Instant results??? Remind me how long he's been here for?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Also haven't seen mentioned (although I haven't read this whole thread) the little argument in the West Lower.

Someone took offence to the Connolly shags who he wants chant, but I couldn't hear why he was so upset. Anyone else notice this?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Those who were at Orient years ago will remember Richardson(?) of Orient running the length of the Albion populated stand cupping his ear and the anger of Albion fans after he put Orient into the lead. It’s what players do when they have got shit from opposition fans. Good on Connolly imo :shrug:

Tony Richards I think it was.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought Locardia looked like a fella who had won a raffle who’s first prize was to play 15 minutes for a professional football team.

A little off the pace, to put it mildly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Also haven't seen mentioned (although I haven't read this whole thread) the little argument in the West Lower.

Someone took offence to the Connolly shags who he wants chant, but I couldn't hear why he was so upset. Anyone else notice this?

Just before halftime?

Like you I couldn’t hear what the argument was about.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought Locardia looked like a fella who had won a raffle who’s first prize was to play 15 minutes for a professional football team.

A little off the pace, to put it mildly.

That would be great wouldn't it? I would definitely buy a good few tickets for that

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't believe people still going on about AC cupping his ear?

And saying because he done it, he as an attitude problem?

Wow, tough crowd.

As posted above, listen to the Albion raw interview with Murray on the matter.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The bloke is a number nine who stated he doesn't like heading the ball and he ducked one again last night to lose the ball. He will never, ever be good enough for the first team, just like your other pet player that YOU got wrong, Ali J :)

There was one chance towards the end where he literally threw himself at the ball with his head in the final few minutes and nearly got injured as a result. Of course he's failed to deliver for us - who could argue otherwise - but this idea that he "doesn't like" heading or "can't be arsed" or is distracted by the odd DJ mix in his spare time is probably not the reason is it. Confidence, coaching, fitness, and all the other things that luckily Potter is quite good at working on with his players. He's 4th choice anyway and i'm sure wouldn't be here if we'd landed Gonzalez or the other fella but i'm bored with the idea that he's bored trope

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can't believe people still going on about AC cupping his ear?

And saying because he done it, he as an attitude problem?

Wow, tough crowd.

As posted above, listen to the Albion raw interview with Murray on the matter.

Murray also had some wise words on that pod when asked to reflect on a certain Jurgen Locadia.

"there's no doubt about his quality, he has an abundance of talent, its just getting him happy. When a player is happy, you get the most out of them on the pitch, and he might respond in the same way as Shane [coming back into the team]. Hopefully he knuckles down and we can see why the club paid so much money for him"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09tyrhm

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There was one chance towards the end where he literally threw himself at the ball with his head in the final few minutes and nearly got injured as a result. Of course he's failed to deliver for us - who could argue otherwise - but this idea that he "doesn't like" heading or "can't be arsed" or is distracted by the odd DJ mix in his spare time is probably not the reason is it. Confidence, coaching, fitness, and all the other things that luckily Potter is quite good at working on with his players. He's 4th choice anyway and i'm sure wouldn't be here if we'd landed Gonzalez or the other fella but i'm bored with the idea that he's bored trope

Potter's had two seasons to redeem him and has chosen instead to send him on very unsuccessful loans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loving the idea of 'The Albion Raw', where Ady and Al discuss the merits of fresh lambchops, beef brisket and (of course) gammon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The other fella being Darwin Nunez at Benfica? . . . yes l liked the sound of him, try again in January maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here