[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Playing this level of football, I can even see us taking points off Citeh - Brighton are beautiful to watch when we play well. It’s why we are 6th and why Saints are going down.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Arrived and in ground!

Left Shoreham at 11.30am. Park and ride for me next time.

Is taking the bus to Old Steine and on to Falmer an option? Speaking as a tourist, of course, not a local.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Let's not let them back into this in any way. We need to do it today. Playing okay, but definitely look tired still, and quite a lot of wayward passes - and it can only get harder in the next two games. All about keeping our concentration now.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I can’t believe the Southampton goalie has let the first goal go straight through him down the middle.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not the best that we've played all season and Mitoma's missed a sitter, but we're doing comfortably well enough to take all the points.

Relieved to see that Saints chance go past the post, but in truth that's why they're going down.

45 minutes away from history. And time to look for that passport.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Decent first half. Soton obviously poor. We do not look our best - clearly a lot of mental and physical fatigue lingering - a few too many mistakes.

Mitoma did great for the assist - he's still super confident on the ball, but seems to lack the confidence he once had to finish (could just be tiredness again).

Ferguson is an incredible finisher of the ball. He's the kind of striker we have been dreaming of for years now. Would love it if he got a hat-trick today.

Mac Allister and Caicedo barely put a foot wrong so far. They will be sorely, sorely missed.

Anyway, 2nd half, we can't take the foot off the pedal. A goal and they're back in it. Need to finish these off (with style).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Playing this level of football, I can even see us taking points off Citeh - Brighton are beautiful to watch when we play well. It’s why we are 6th and why Saints are going down.

We're good but not that good. Playing well but Citeh would have buried their 2 chances. They demolished Real Madrid a few days ago.

Doesn't take away from the fact that we're f-ing brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports