[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any idea whether Saints are playing strongest 11? Heard they might be giving some reserves a chance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I sort of agree, but then we've been winning games all season without a special amount of noise - is there a danger that a Playoff like atmosphere will make the game feel different, and make them feel under more pressure? Or make them attack like mad and leave us vulnerable at the back like vs Everton?

I don't want to see any defending like against Newcastle, where our last defender is at the half way line, along with one of their strikers.

I'd like the players to play as they've planned and without panic that we're running out of time.
We're not running out of time, we're running out of legs. We don't actually need to win another game, although we would need to draw against Villa in that scenario.

The players look tired to me and have done in varying degrees for a few games. Our support should act as the boost to get them over the line today rather than have to slog through an extra two games.

Plus players love a good atmosphere and if ever there was a game to create a good atmosphere this season it's this game. Europe is there...just over there...reach out and grab it!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
For soton, Both centre backs out injured, main striker injured and reserve bree playing. They have two youngsters on the bench so no different to us, we have four !

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Any idea whether Saints are playing strongest 11? Heard they might be giving some reserves a chance.
From the Southampton forum:

"Ooh. McCarthy and Elynoussi. And theo. What joy. Is his brief to pick the shittest team we have?"

"Really cannot see the point of McCarthy in goal."

"Can't wait to see the no striker approach."

" OMG - I cannot believe that team. WTF?
Has anyone told Selles we are relegated and can go for it now?
What a f***** disgrace that team is."

The answer to that is apparently not.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m gutted I’m not going to be there today in person but have a fabulous day everyone, From all the new lads who are now addicted to all us oldies who were there during The Gory Years this is a dream come true…. It could be beautiful..

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Feeling a bit calmer now. That’s the best team possible so from now on it’s what will be will be. They will give it their best shot and that’s all you can ask. The league doesn’t lie so we will end up where we are meant to be give or take a VAR or two.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
One of the best line-ups available, if not the best, I am excited for the match.

We cannot get ahead of ourselves though, Southampton will want to disrupt this important day, especially as our South Coast rivals.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm in a bizarre situation today. I'm sat on a TUI flight at Heraklion Airport waiting to take off. I've seen the team news and will have to go into flight mode in a moment. It's a 4hr flight, so when I land in Manchester I'll be turning my phone on to hopefully see we've qualified for Europe for the first time in our history and will have no idea what's gone on in-between. And If I start going mental I'll get a few strange looks!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20230521-WA0000.jpg

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Strong line up, fans up for it. I'm not going to predict the result after yesterday's dismal efforts but if we play to our potential I suspect we'll be happy!

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bloody hell! I’ve been working away all morning and have only just seen the time.
It’s almost time. Oh my God!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
we can name our strongest 11 for some time.
Bottom of the league relegated Southampton name one of their weakest.

Anyone following the Albion for a decent length of time is having kittens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports