Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hoping to right the self-inflicted wrong from last season tonight.

They were shite and there for the taking, until Andone's rush of blood.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I have watched Betrand quite closely over the last few weeks. I've always thought he was quite a quick player, however I have noticed even the most pedestrian of player glide past him with ease.

This could be another brilliant episode of the Tariq show!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
This is going to be a cracking game.
I can't wait to hear real fans voices again.
I reckon our players will get a huge boost from having supporters there and will be well up for this. Southampton players will be overwhelmed by the double whammy of our playing style and the wall of noise generated by our fans.
4-1 to the Albion.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I find Southampton annoying, they always seem to play really well against us, that being said they’ve been very good this season so this will be a really tough game.

We need to not give so many free kicks away around our box, I’m sure we give away more free kicks around our box than anyone else I watch and thus we concede more from set pieces, with Ward-Prowse around we could be in serious trouble tonight if we continue that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I hate games against Southampton, I have a relative who doesn't really like football but "supports " them and is all gloating when they win but mysteriously not interested in football if they lose.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't disagree he's been having a tough time, but these are highly trained athletes. I seem to remember Lallana went off on debut and then started next game, nothing was really said. I have no frame of reference really about what it is to have a body in peak physical condition :)mad:), but I've been in a squash match, had to stop because it felt like I'd pulled my hamstring, cancelled my games coming up, but 3 days later with daily stretches and the leg was fine. I actually was able to walk straight after fine, it was just painful to lunge etc. What you're saying is a guess really, linking 2 and 2 together, my opinion is that it's a guess that is damaging to the reputation of our player, and not sure once the club says it was a hamstring, you still need to feel it's not the truth.
As a side note.

Barclay for villa against us come of with hamstring after taking the free kick. No challenge, no bust of speed, just simply kicking the ball.

He played next game.

I think Neil may of felt something and didn't want to risk it.

Just my two pence worth.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As a side note.

Barclay for villa against us come of with hamstring after taking the free kick. No challenge, no bust of speed, just simply kicking the ball.

He played next game.

Just my two pence worth.

Hopefully its was embassessment that he felt and will be out for the kill tonight

May 5, 2020
Sussex
As a side note.

He played next game.

Just my two pence worth.

Yes,I think the same regarding maupay.
It may even be policy from potter that if any player feels anything at all then stop and we get it looked at immediately rather than soldiering on and risking a longer term out of the team.
It did look like his leg sort of froze as he struck the ball for the pen which put the ball wide.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As a side note.

He played next game.

Just my two pence worth.

No he didn't.

I agree Neil felt something, not as bad as he thought at the time.
Which is great news.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Lawrenson having us down for a 2 - 0 win has us losing 0 - 3 written large. Without Ings perhaps that 2 - 0 is possible.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Come on then, I'm going for a 3 - 0 stuffing!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here