Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And there it is, 1 point at home to one of the worst teams in PL history and 3 points from Fulham, Everton and Sheff Utd is just crap.

We love the plaudits for RDZ and the club but he definitely deserves some criticism at the moment. Today was incredibly poor but oh so predictable.
Sheffield United parked the bus and literally did nothing in first 45 except cling on and hoof it away.

Not 1 point on the road before today, and you can see why Newcastle put 8 past them.

But turn up at the Amex against a team allegedly fighting for Europe again and it was just entirely predictable.

As we've seen this pattern so many times. Totally dominate, don't take chances or over complicate in final 1/3 to be hit with sucker punch.

Sheffield United 1 shot on target 1 goal.

We've come a long way, and playing well against top teams is great, but there can be no excuses for this consistent pattern of failing to beat shit teams at home in games we absolutely dominate.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m not upset with RDZ, you can’t win them all and we were a man down, whatever.

The thing is about this “exhaustion” stuff - it’s a game of football, they get enough rest - it’s nonsense, it is like when they roll about on the floor pretending to be hurt - they should just get the f*** on with it. They are paid enough for gods sake.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Think some are forgetting what an advantage an extra man is, game completely changed after the red. Impossible to blame RDZ or others for that.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Stop making so many changes. Why can't they play 2 games a week when they are Professional Athletes.

Had to stop reading your comment at the first sentence.

Professional athleticism is exactly that. It is well understood that professional footballers will see their levels of performance decline if they are not allowed sufficient recovery periods, especially taking into account international travel.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sheffield United parked the bus and literally did nothing in first 45 except cling on and hoof it away.

Not 1 point on the road before today, and you can see why Newcastle put 8 past them.

But turn up at the Amex against a team allegedly fighting for Europe again and it was just entirely predictable.

As we've seen this pattern so many times. Totally dominate, don't take chances or over complicate in final 1/3 to be hit with sucker punch.

Sheffield United 1 shot on target 1 goal.

We've come a long way, and playing well against top teams is great, but there can be no excuses for this consistent pattern of failing to beat shit teams at home in games we absolutely dominate.
I believe that our opponents figure to weather the dominating storm that the Albion bring on and then put in a sneaker of a goal. Especially after your opponent goes down to 10 men.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We've won 3 games at home this season. Bmuff, Luton and castle. 2 of those against shite teams so not sure this is the problem.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
It's football. These things happen. It was a mistimed tackle.
We should have been well ahead by that point.
I meant to quote the others who are trying to apportion blame on RDZ for that but train was too packed to hit the buttons.. 11 men and we should have finished the job there, very disappointing as it wasn't a challenge he needed to make and frankly should have known far better.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely this.
I disagree. We had every right to expect that line up to win the game after a brilliant start and first 20 minutes.

Appreciate that we have some key injuries and some poor players playing three games in 8 days but that was a pathetic 2nd half.
I am not questioning RDZ but am very concerned about that performance.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We still had the best 3 attacking players on the pitch but never got the ball to them. Sheffield were hopeless, playing with 10 should have just evened it up, but we went to pieces.
Sheff United also werent playing Ajax 3 days ago. Going to pieces = tired players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here