Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'd make the argument that too many of you are satisfied with a point.

Utd are dross. Hands down the worst side in the division. They too suffer from a crippling injury list. If we can't pick up 3 points against this shower, where are we suppoaed to get them? Forest? Behave. We'll be lucky to come away with a point ourselves at this rate.
My god I give up tonight. Some utter doom mongers on here

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I feel a bit embarrassed by our fans reading a lot of these comments.

We're having a great season. It seems a lot of our fans have RIDICULOUSLY high expectations of what this team and its individuals are capable of.

We're a long way from being as good as or having the squad depth of the top six teams. We have a young and heavily depleted squad with challenging fixture congestion.

Of course we all want BHA to win as much as possible, and it's frustrating when we're the better side and fail to do so... but the lack of understanding over why we're not winning every game is incredibly embarrassing.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't think so, we lost the cutting edge up front. That was first half hour or so and before Dahoud got sent off they were already a lot more back in game and pushing, our momentum in the final third had gone. It was already a bit flat.

Passing across the back to Gilmour/Dahoud and back again, was plenty but we didn't really look like getting second imho as the pace had slowed and not moving ball forward quickly enough.

First 30 mins, the pace and movement was exceptional and they couldn't live with us.
We had 6 shots with 4 on target first half, 5 shots with 2 on target second half. 71% possession first half, 60% up to the red card second half, less than 40% after the red card. They were doubling up on Mitoma and struggling with Joao Pedro until the red.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I feel a bit embarrassed by our fans reading a lot of these comments.

We're having a great season. It seems a lot of our fans have RIDICULOUSLY high expectations of what this team and its individuals are capable of.

We're a long way from being as good as or having the squad depth of the top six teams. We have a young and heavily depleted squad with challenging fixture congestion.

Of course we all want BHA to win as much as possible, and it's frustrating when we're the better side and fail to do so... but the lack of understanding over why we're not winning every game is incredibly embarrassing.
Since when it is ridiculously high expectations not to want a red card (not saying it wasn't as it was, but we didn't need or want it), and want one more goal from as many shots on target as we had?? That just seems like passable football to me??

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would have more sympathy if he was the hard man CM breaking up the play and saving us every game but he's soft as they come. Needless lazy challenge in a crazy position with absolutely no danger, should never give the ref that decision to make. He's not just an escape goat heh, he's gone full pariah there for me
We lost two of the best defensive midfielders in the league over the summer. We have to make challenges in the middle of the pitch. They're not always going to come off.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would have more sympathy if he was the hard man CM breaking up the play and saving us every game but he's soft as they come. Needless lazy challenge in a crazy position with absolutely no danger, should never give the ref that decision to make. He's not just an escape goat heh, he's gone full pariah there for me
I don't blame Dahoud at all, it was clumsy, as his leg went down his head was already looking away from player he fouled.

If you want a culprit it's not Dahoud. It's failing to find a way to put to bed such games in which are totally dominant in first half.

I don't believe that any other top ten team wouldn't have won today at home against SU.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross to Premier League Productions:

“We lost two points today, we should kill the game - the possibility was there to do so and we didn’t.

“We go down to 10 men and conceded too easy and that was the story of the game.

“We have to be honest with ourselves, we should still win the game.

"It was in our hands, if we are better, we can kill the game – 1-0 is always a dangerous score and at the moment in the Premier League the results are not good enough."

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I don't blame Dahoud at all, it was clumsy, as his leg went down his head was already looking away from player he fouled.

If you want a culprit it's not Dahoud. It's failing to find a way to put to bed such games in which are totally dominant in first half.

I don't believe that any other top ten team wouldn't have won today at home against SU.
I thought Dahoud was more intelligent than that. Perhaps I gave him too much credit previously.

If we take the chances before then maybe we scrape it but gave ourselves too much to do after the needless red card. Yes, completely needless.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We had 6 shots with 4 on target first half, 5 shots with 2 on target second half. 71% possession first half, 69% up to the red card second half, less than 40% after the red card. They were doubling up on Mitoma and struggling with Joao Pedro until the red.
You can prove anything with stats.
My own eyes saw us faltering at the end of the first half, having had a goal and the run of the game, to seeing Sheffield fired-up knowing that they were only one-nil down at the start of the second.
We allowed them back into the game and although it didn't help losing Dahoud (stupid and unnecessary red), we still looked like the team most likely to concede instead of score.
I got the impression that we thought we'd stroll to a win, after the (brilliant) goal, and that was our undoing.
Yes, yes....I know we're missing players, blah blah blah, but we certainly had enough to kill that game in the first 45 mins.
But we didn't, and that was our failing.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Today was frustrating. It’s okay to be frustrated. Does not make anyone entitled. We have a certain way of playing and De Zerbi won’t compromise that style. Things are not clicking in the PL right now, and results/performances show that. Could be fatigue. Could be injuries. Could be changes to the starting team. Could be the fact we lost 2 key players over the summer and we’re a bit weaker. Likely a combination of everything. Whatever it is, we’re unable to sustain intensity and being punished often for it. On top of that, we make defensive errors that result in goals too often. The clean sheet stat does need addressing. It matters when you’re not winning games! However, we move on and hope the players are fresher and fit again after the break. We need to find that intensity again!

Surely we’ve all seen such a game many times - fail to take chances, get punished if make mistakes. No big whoop - overall I thought we were good

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Webster’s been a liability lately. Too many mistakes this season.

Red card very soft. Dahoud is just shielding the ball, he’s not even looking at the player, does he even know he’s there? It happens, yellow card at most.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Perhaps give the club a call and see if they'll pass on your suggestion to RDZ?

Considering the team we started with we battered SU first half - just didn't put the game to bed sadly. We've had far worse first halves this season with a supposed stronger starting 11
Well l, we should have done l

“We lost two points today, we should kill the game - the possibility was there to do so and we didn’t.

"It was in our hands, if we are better, we can kill the game – 1-0 is always a dangerous score and at the moment in the Premier League the results are not good enough."
I agree with pascals analysis

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Webster’s been a liability lately. Too many mistakes this season.

Red card very soft. Dahoud is just shielding the ball, he’s not even looking at the player, does he even know he’s there? It happens, yellow card at most.
Agree with both points.

Webby will have to improve fast to continue his career here

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Yes, we should have scored a second before the red card. We had enough chances to do so. but we still had 60% possession in the second half up to the red and they hadn't troubled us at all. Mitoma, Joao Pedro and Adingra were giving them trouble and we could well have scored a second in the last 25 minutes or held on for 1-0. It totally changed after the red.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Wow, lucky he didn't say that on here.

He's be cited as having ridiculous expectations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here