[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly... the haters won’t say that of course.

It's the manager's fault that, apart from one game against Newcastle we have been shit ALL season. Two wins. One win at home all year. Failing to beat a 10 man team who haven't won all season and only drawn once. Taxi for Potter this afternoon please.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a pile of steaming shit.

Potter has got some serious questions to answer after that. And he better not answer them with his usual meaningless, bullshit platitudes.

That's fine when things are going well, not when you've just played two very shit teams back to back and scraped two draws, one of which against a team with ten men for an hour.

Utter bollocks.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
He’s out of his depth, bizarre selections, predictable tactics and evaporating team spirit. All down to the manager. We are a also a bit too nice and I think only a change of manager will do the job now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of course it’s Potters fault that AJ hits the bar...

As right as you are about that. It really shouldn't be an issue that he hit the bar.

If we have any ambition then Sheffield United who have1 single point and 10 men shouldn't even be in the game at that time.

I've been defneding Potter to the hilt but it now appears to me that we can't beat the big teams, (although we come agonisingly close) and neither can we beat the teams around us. We cannot win games of football . . . Where is that going to lead us?

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
As right as you are about that. It really shouldn't be an issue that he hit the bar.

If we have any ambition then Sheffield United who have1 single point and 10 men shouldn't even be in the game at that time.

I've been defneding Potter to the hilt but it now appears to me that we can't beat the big teams, (although we come agonisingly close) and neither can we beat the teams around us. We cannot win games of football . . . Where is that going to lead us?

Generally deserve to beat most teams they play. They'll scrape enough points to stay up but the potential under someone like Potter is much higher than it is under a manager like Hughton for example. If you can get someone to stick the ball in the f*cking net then a top 10 finish wouldn't be too outlandish of a prediction.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
None of them are good enough

What does MAc Allister have to do?

In the brief appearances I have seen he seems like a better, more direct (maybe I am answering my own questions - he shoots, one-touch passes and takes a risk) player than both Ali J and Trossard.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We all know Potter isn't going anywhere - unless he resigns. Which he won't - why would he. He probably believes he can turn it around and I really hope he can.

What I worry about is how he never comes out and says, essentially, 'we were really shit and have to change things a lot', it's all exec speak about 'areas of improvement' and our long term plan. In the short term plan, i.e. winning games, I'm concerned because I wonder who we can actually beat in this league playing this poorly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Manager's just chucking in players at random now. Really don't think he's the Big Tactical Brain that's been touted by the pathological cheerleaders on here. Still, buck stops with the owner. Can't do the EPL on the cheap for very long and expect to get away with it for very long nowadays

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The main issue for me remains the recruitment. Whoever thought Ali J and Locadia were worth a combined £30M+ needs shooting. Everyone could see our lack of quality in the final third was the main problem last year and we’ve done nothing to address it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stop trying to walk the ball in every time mix it up some long some short that was awful but at least we didn't lose

There was one classic example in the second half. March cut inside his man, on the corner of the penalty area, clear sight of goal, but he passed it inside to a player who got tackled. Just shoot, FFS!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Tony Bloom is not a trigger-happy chairman.

Agree, he's too loyal for his own good. But the time has come imho. Potter is a good man, he knows how to play possession football, I really dont see any plan at all without the ball, we're just too easy to play against, not much defensive organisation, clueless on set pieces at both ends. This may have been ok in Sweden, where opposition teams would not punish mistakes so often as the quality is much less, but he's just not complete enough or his managerial repetoire is simply too limited. He doesnt know how to win scrappy, we are not moving forwards in many areas, half the team looks shot of confidence, and the constant changes to players and systems is confusing.

This squad is good enough, with January around the corner, I fear if TB isnt ruthless now, we will surely go down this year and then the loss of money and player exodus will destroy all the work done thus far.

Potter does seem out of his depth, but then the jump was huge. We don't have time for him to learn on the job and he is failing massively.

New manager bounce needed, defensive organisation needed, confidence needed, set piece coaching needed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So let’s clarify this plan.

You would replace the manager who kept us UP last season, and swap him with a manager who took his team DOWN last season?

Interesting.

Yes, yes I would.

EH is a proven PL manager with a 30% win record at a piss pot club.

GP has won 20% of his games at Brighton. And we're going down on this years form.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Of course it ****ing does. If the noise from the fan base is "we are shit we can't score we are going down" do you really think that helps make a positive atmosphere!?

It's not noise. It's words on a forum. Unless they put a live feed of the match day thread up on the big screen at the Amex?

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Blah blah blah one home win in a year wake up ffs he is out of his depth like the championship do you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is so out of his depth why are they not in the relegation zone?

Did Brighton deserve to win today? The answer is clearly yes. Potter can lead a horse to water, but he can't make it drink. The players clearly buy into the style of play, they consistently get into fantastic goalscoring positions, the manager cannot legislate for supposed PL level players missing sitters from 4 yards out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports