Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Potter is not up to it. He may be trying to do something the players aren't suited to, but that's not the point. His job is to win games with the tools he has. Today is a big failure.

If I were TB I'd be on the phone to have a chat with Smug Eddie. Sods law says Arsenal will get him and they'l tonk us on 29th.

The players, some of them, are better than they're currently displaying.

Whats happened to Trossard, Maupay, Connolly never was quite there, he's even worse now.

So let’s clarify this plan.

You would replace the manager who kept us UP last season, and swap him with a manager who took his team DOWN last season?

Interesting.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
We need two or three attacking players in jan to stand a chance. That’s the main positive I can find in all of this, there’s half a season and a transfer window to fix a quite obvious problem, at least this isn’t happening in April/May

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
13 corners - and we haven't come close to scoring from any of them. Haven't scored from any all season in fact.

14 in total. 14 corners!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good grief.

Not sure why it is Potter's fault that our players are incapable of putting away easy chances, but I am sure he will get the blame.

Well the on that basis we don’t need a coach at all then, let Dunk pick the team and they can work the tactics out on the day depending on which way the wind is blowing?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Truly truly desperate. Too slow. Too laboured. Too many changes too often. Players lack confidence. Fans lack confidence.
Relegation on the way I fear

Correct. If Ali J had scored at the end it would have just papered over the cracks. Without Lamptey we don't have any pace or speed of thought. We're not unlucky, we just lack quality where it matters, especially at the Amex where teams pack their defences. .

Can we ask to play all our games away from home?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
We don't have the players for a Big Sam long ball, physical, style of play.

Potter just needs to stop tinkering with the formation and lineup and play the players in their best positions and stick with it to build their confidence back up.

Agreed. It's just the desperation of what has been so promising for weeks now. I so want Potter to succeed but the table does not lie and I think the cracks in the squad are showing which is not an encouraging sign.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stop trying to walk the ball in every time mix it up some long some short that was awful but at least we didn't lose

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Game management and lack of ideas,Potter was supposed to be the clever manager but Wilder is head and shoulders above him along with most Premier league managers .He will be great for us in the Championship

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Exactly... the haters won’t say that of course.

It's not us missing sitters from 4 yards out though really, is it? It's that we could have lost that game. LOST! With Sheffield having 10 flaming men! Even after the equaliser we could have lost it. How on earth can we have some games where we have 5 natural CBs on the pitch and some where we only have 2 defenders of any kind on the pitch, like today? Even if Ali J had scored we wouldn't have deserved it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here