Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Eh? Have I missed something, Sydney mate?

2 missed sitters mate ....we now have 45 minutes to belt these cants , if we don't i will not be expecting much from this lot for the rest of the season ...ffs just bury the ****ing thing ya know , into the parking net hopefully....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well I've enjoyed the game so far even though it has gone to script with us being nice to watch and them being cloggers, oh and them being jammy. Bissy and Trossy my early MoM contenders.

This is now 100% a must win game.

PLaying good but i still feel like Potter has neutered him. Twice under no pressure he passes the ball from the halfway line back to Sanchez and whats happenned to his shooting on goal? I goal he had a tendency to kick a few wild ones in the stand but at least previously he tried. Now he seems to be looking for someone else to pass to to shoot (who are often in a worse position than him)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think Welbeck is a certainty to come on at somepoint, based on GPS prematch comments.

AJ and Big Mac hopefully as well. Alzate wouldn’t be a bad shout either. Great bench today.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
To put it incredibly politely, I think that's stretching the truth somewhat!

But I agree, get him on the pitch because Maupay couldn't hit a barn for at the moment. If he stumbled into a brothel he'd end up shagging their pet dog!

OK, I may have exaggerated a bit but he IS generally very clinical, especially as he has played as a winger or out wide for much of his career.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It was a horror challenge, sort that can cause severe injuries and the type we want eradicating from the game for good. It was one of the clearest reds you will ever see.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Over four and a half games without scoring now from open play.

If its a deflected 1-0 win it proves nothing about Potter and the faith I have in him. Lovely guy yes, but that's not enough.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Over the last two years I've loved having Potter here and I think we've played some really good football but if we can't put away 10-man Sheff Utd then who can we put away. We need a much better performance second half and some changes to instill faith in what Potter is doing or I am afraid things will turn against him big time and Tony will be looking for another Hughton.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Started watching at 26mins, Same dire crap. It really is hard to watch. Highlight was watching Sanchez make that incredible save from the freekick.
Clueless going forward. Crosses have been pathetic. Veltmen actually throwing a throw in, out of touch, Are you ****ing kidding me.
What an absolute bunch of wankers.

Don't ****ing watch then, you melt!
Get behind our team, not slag them off... unless you live up the road which would explain why you're acting like a prick?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We have to, and should go on and win this now.

But for those having a go at Potter in recent weeks and wanting him out etc, what more is he supposed to do? This is another game that has played out a familiar story. He sets us up to be tough to break down whilst playing good football and creating chances. That fact that our players have a complete mental block in front of goal really isn’t his fault.

If we have the funds, he needs backing for another attacker in January. We’re so close to really kicking on.

Correct.

The simple matter is our strikers aren’t good enough. They’re decent but clearly not top drawer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here