Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Did we deserve to win today ? Lol if the ball is not on target or in the net then no .
90 mins of the same old shite tippy tippy everyone afraid to shoot
Premier league players is the point they are mostly not I’m afraid
Potter leading a horse for water bet he would get even that wrong or take it the long way round
One home win in a year ? Happy with that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, when you create three clear cut chances and concede from near enough the only shot you conceded all game, which happened to be a tame deflected effort it suggests you probably did deserve to win.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, yes I would.

EH is a proven PL manager with a 30% win record at a piss pot club.

GP has won 20% of his games at Brighton. And we're going down on this years form.

Totally agree, EH has a much better eye for young British talent than even Ashworth has showed thus far, he had horrific injuries last season that left them cut adrift, but even in going down, they mounted a pretty good last stand and were brilliant away at Everton, losing out by a hairs breadth, They were the best team of the bottom 5 or 6 in the final month, they damage was done earlier with the horrendous run caused mainly due to the massive injury list.

It wont happen, im sure, but if it could.....even if we were to go down I'd take EH and his record (with a smaller club) over GP and his (with a bigger club) any day

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The main issue for me remains the recruitment. Whoever thought Ali J and Locadia were worth a combined £30M+ needs shooting. Everyone could see our lack of quality in the final third was the main problem last year and we’ve done nothing to address it.

We've brought in some decent players since those 2 - Bissouma, Trossard, Lamptey, Lallana, Veltmann etc. The manager can't say he hasn't been given the tools to work with.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Yes I bloody do .
Bags of experience
Unlucky to go down with the injuries he had.
What experience does Harry Potter have ???? Zero

As we know, championship is about grinding out wins. That's not really Potter's bag, is it?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Stop embarrassing yourself and being so sanctimonious. Potter is a good man but there's no progress under him - as you seem to be so obsessed with.

I’m convinced, you’re right.

We should fire Potter and replace him with Mark Hughes or Eddie Howe [emoji106]

Are we relegated now? Didn’t realise that.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He hassles defenders which is useful when you’re playing a fellow shite team .
But that’s as far as it goes .
His development has been ruined by not going on loan and scoring goals.

You put him out on loan and we have one less option. Such is our depth of striking talent

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Our quality, or lack of it, was very evident today. Trossard, Maupay, Connolly and White, and then Ali J when he came on were all poor. Bissouma looked good first half but tired in the second. We desperately need someone with some quality next to him to be able to push Lallana forward.
On a positive front, Sanchez looks the part and his save in the first half was excellent. Also we’ll have Lamptey back soon I hope.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You put him out on loan and we have one less option. Such is our depth of striking talent

Agree . The damage was done 18 months ago.
I think he has value against other shit teams .
Although not in the goal scoring department obviously

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've brought in some decent players since those 2 - Bissouma, Trossard, Lamptey, Lallana, Veltmann etc. The manager can't say he hasn't been given the tools to work with.

Given the Connolly and Jahanbakhsh misses; tools is the right word!! :mad:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Oh god Swansman will be here soon telling us all we don’t understand football :facepalm:

Yes it’s not about winning games it’s about hoping that there are 3 teams worse than you each season. It’s worked so far.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our quality, or lack of it, was very evident today. Trossard, Maupay, Connolly and White, and then Ali J when he came on were all poor. Bissouma looked good first half but tired in the second. We desperately need someone with some quality next to him to be able to push Lallana forward.
On a positive front, Sanchez looks the part and his save in the first half was excellent. Also we’ll have Lamptey back soon I hope.

Ali J back to ‘is there a footballer in there?’ today. You have to take some creative risks against 2 banks of 5 narrow players. It’s not easy but you have to vary your approach a bit. I lost count of how many slide rule passes we made that were hit so hard, you’d be 5 putting on the green in the Masters! Maupay’s first touch has completely deserted him too. Very frustrating.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes, when you create three clear cut chances and concede from near enough the only shot you conceded all game, which happened to be a tame deflected effort it suggests you probably did deserve to win.

They could and probably should have been 3-0 by the time we equalised.

When you compare the effort put in by the Leeds players every game to ours its frightening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here