Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lamptey gets properly hacked down every game and misses one game in three, often because of it. Funny how Grealish is the most fouled player in the league but never gets hacked down or injured. He goes down as soon as anyone comes near him.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Alzate not playing is definitely a slight surprise. Given his lack of games he didn't look too bad last time out and I think Biss likes playing with him.

Something odd about Alzate's lack of appearances. Maybe he's been ill? but then he shouldn't even be on the bench...?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sheffield will come out strong today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t think they were that bad against man United, they got exposed in behind by Rashfords pace so hopefully we will try to exploit this weakness, for me they didn’t look like a team with only one point all season, certainly didn’t look like they’d given up.

I’m hopeful but there can be no doubt if we lose this game, we are in trouble, more because of what it will do to our players belief than anything. Hopefully Sanchez can command from corners as SU continually targeted that against MU by putting their corners right under the crossbar.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The constant tweaking of the team shows our weakness, manager doesn’t know his best XI.

Whenever we’ve been successful you could pretty much name the team week in, week out. Can’t be good for the players either.

Lose today and it’s trouble.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We need an intensity about us from the whistle and we need to be positive in front of goal - their fragility makes us scoring first vital.

I see the pack has been shuffled again - I’m with others that I find it difficult to see the benefit re rotating ineffective strikers with out of form ineffective strikers... as for Alzate it’s strange, I’d like to see him advanced a bit more - for me he’s better than Leo ... hey ho.

We just need to be at it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The constant tweaking of the team shows our weakness, manager doesn’t know his best XI.

Whenever we’ve been successful you could pretty much name the team week in, week out. Can’t be good for the players either.

Partially down to injuries though, particularly Lamptey missing.
I think Maupay and Connolloy is definitely down to the opposition, trying to get in behind the Sheffield United defence. I think Potter is right to rotate to suit the opposition and keep players as fresh as he can for this heavily congested period in terms of games. Time will tell.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My seat was wet and the sun is right in my eyes, Barber Out

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Plenty of pace in the forward line today to expose a slow Sheffield defence. Good line up, shame about Lamptey though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
My fear too. We failed to beat West Brom, Fulham and Burnley, and I expect us to drop another two points today.

Given how toothless our attacks are, and how clueless and out-of-his-depth Potter increasingly appears to be, I really can't see where our next win is going to come from.

If this makes me a 'bed-wetter', so what?

That's the spirit...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We need an intensity about us from the whistle and we need to be positive in front of goal - their fragility makes us scoring first vital.

I see the pack has been shuffled again - I’m with others that I find it difficult to see the benefit re rotating ineffective strikers with out of form ineffective strikers... as for Alzate it’s strange, I’d like to see him advanced a bit more - for me he’s better than Leo ... hey ho.

We just need to be at it.

Agree we need to be ready from the off, can’t be holding off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

You message shows a ‘supporter’ who doesn’t understand football. We have three games in a week with more to come and all managers are changing their teams over this period.

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Jesus SKY stop ******* off to old Man U Leeds games. Honestly had to double check if I had the right channel on

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apart from the fact that he does like to tinker, we have a young squad with quite a few players in their 1st or 2nd season in the premier. Traditionally young players are frequently rested and we have (as does everyone else) a very heavy Xmas schedule. Given all of this you have to expect lots of changes.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
SKY, "Join us for the build up for Brighton v Sheffield United when we're going to be talking about Leeds v Man U from 20 years ago"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here