Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Preston North End *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Need to be beating teams like this if we are serious about going up! Not good enough I'm afraid.

Our games against Preston are invariably draws. The previous 4 games were all 0-0. They're just one of those teams.

It didn't help that Pawson ignored a penalty shout for a blatant handball in the second half. I think because Knockaert fell over, that he may have thought the shout was for that, but the linesman should have seen it clearly, because the whole of the North stand did.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Do I need to repeat myself? Well I will anyway, we were 2-1 up in a 4-4-2 before Stephens came on. Can one of you halfwits please explain to me what they didn't do?

Did you have your eyes closed for the whole of the first half? That was as disjointed and calamitous as I've seen us this season. Stephens gives us impetus going forward. Admittedly the whole team was better in the 2nd half and I have no problem with Sidwell and Norwood, but I think Stephens should've have started, simply because he's a better midfielder and the team generally plays better when he's on the pitch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did you have your eyes closed for the whole of the first half? That was as disjointed and calamitous as I've seen us this season. Stephens gives us impetus going forward. Admittedly the whole team was better in the 2nd half and I have no problem with Sidwell and Norwood, but I think Stephens should've have started, simply because he's a better midfielder and the team generally plays better when he's on the pitch.

It's just the usual whining and crying when we don't bag three points.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
IMG_1074.PNG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Game management it is called now. Keeping possession of the ball when leading. I thought it was better under Poyet tahan Hughton but it is getting better. Ten passes and then a Dunk lob to Knockaert but the linesman thought it was offside. And then ....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can tell help but think of [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] everytime Baldock does something good.

... And long may it reign! I'm happy for him to turn my opinion around as Stockdale has done. All the time he's in the team, I expect him to produce something and all the time he is, then good on him. He'll be gone next year, but I'll still be supporting the team for decades, with luck.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We need a committee of managers, all from NSC.

Hey smart arse, it's widely acknowledged that Hughton likes to protect a one goal lead rather than going to kill the game off. In this case it didn't pay off. He's a fantastic manager and a lovely bloke - a credit to the club - but that doesn't mean we can't be critical of him when he gets it wrong, especially when it's not the first time he's made such an error of judgement,

Now wind your neck in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hey smart arse, it's widely acknowledged that Hughton likes to protect a one goal lead rather than going to kill the game off. In this case it didn't pay off. He's a fantastic manager and a lovely bloke - a credit to the club - but that doesn't mean we can't be critical of him when he gets it wrong, especially when it's not the first time he's made such an error of judgement,

Now wind your neck in.
Is this not one of the joys of being a supporter as we all believe we can do better than the manager and get things right whether it be Brighton, England, Sussex or England cricket team. I certainly believe CH is doing a great job but he is not beyond criticism.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is this not one of the joys of being a supporter as we all believe we can do better than the manager and get things right whether it be Brighton, England, Sussex or England cricket team. I certainly believe CH is doing a great job but he is not beyond criticism.

Absolutely right.

Being unable to level any criticism at the club doesn't make you a superfan, it makes you a cretin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe we should play our best team from the off. After an international break everyone is refreshed so no need for rotation.

Even the ones (Hemed, Duffy, Norwood, Skalak) who have played two matches (as well as a load of travelling) in that 'break'?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Completely agree [emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here