Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If I was a forward playing in this team I would bring a garden chair, rug and flask of tea as we are so obsessed with f***ing about between the defence and midfield, there is literally no point in me being there!

yes three points, but I honestly felt that was 90 + minutes of my life I won’t get back!

no wonder people are upset with fati and fergie! Poor sods make runs and midfield just turn back to dunk, then goalie.
I thought Ferguson played well, and he was being beaten up at the same time. . . . If he was fed some through balls he'd score a shit load, but we seem to be back in that walk it in mode. . . It was almost like walking football at times. Seeing Gross in our own box for goal kicks . . .WTF is that about. Stupidity in spades

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really?

So all those fans who have bought Europa tickets for our second leg should just put them up for resale? Or throw away money?

Not really the actions of genuine fans is it?

I hope the lads and coaching team (TB too) do a circuit afterwards to give us all a chance to applaud them on a great campaign in Europe and for all the special memories.

A midweek evening game, unless we win 5-0, the stadium will be near empty by the time TB does a pitch tour.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Forest fans playing the victim role magnificently - appealed for everything that usually wasn’t there. Fitting in with them employing Clattenburg that.
Can’t believe how upset they were with the foul/freekick on Fati that was given just in front them in the first half, so clearly a foul but screaming about corruption.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think you're being whooshed, but who knows? :D
Nah really? I thought he was serious about bringing Murray out of retirement and playing the tea lady - geezus, I’m not that dense! 😂 I called him a t*** for taking the piss out of me for saying I don’t believe we should treat Thursday as if it didn’t matter.

I shall go on Thursday - and expect RDZ to field his best available team and for the lads to try and win the game because it is still a competition match not a friendly.
I think the stadium will erupt if we win the match, even by one goal - and lift up the squad with an appreciative response if we don’t - it doesn’t matter if we haven’t got through, such is the love and support true fans have for our Club and the exciting experience we have all had this season in our first Europa.

A midweek evening game, unless we win 5-0, the stadium will be near empty by the time TB does a pitch tour.
Doubt it - I think the majority of fans will want to show their gratitude for getting us as far as we have done - some of us support the team even when it has lost and Thursday will be a good opportunity to show some thanks to the lads..

Anyway, that’s me. Always glass half full and appreciative of the joy supporting Brighton gives me..

If others don’t feel the same that’s their choice.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Nah really? I thought he was serious about bringing Murray out if retirement and playing the tea lady - geezus, I’m not that dense! 😂 I called him a t*** for taking the piss out of me for saying I don’t believe we should treat Thursday as if it didn’t matter.

I shall go on Thursday - and expect RDZ to field his best available team and for the lads to try and win the game.
I think the stadium will erupt if we win - and lift up the squad with an appreciative response if we don’t - it doesn’t matter if we haven’t got through, such is the love and support true fans have for our Club and the exiting experience we have all had this season in our first Europa.
That's the issue, but I do agree that we should try to win (albeit a lost cause), but tempered with sensibility.

albionalba

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
I'm just basking in the pleasure of having been there and not being consigned to an audio commentary for a match that would have been hard to visualise. It's three points. It wasn't pretty but still happy to appreciate an afternoon at the Amex and sharing the palpable relief at the final whistle.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nah really? I thought he was serious about bringing Murray out of retirement and playing the tea lady - geezus, I’m not that dense! 😂 I called him a t*** for taking the piss out of me for saying I don’t believe we should treat Thursday as if it didn’t matter.

That was me who said that! He just added a few people to it?? not sure how you could think I was serious playing the tea lady...Glen Murray on the other hand...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That was me who said that! He just added a few people to it?? not sure how you could think I was serious playing the tea lady...Glen Murray on the other hand...
What on earth made you think I was serious about you using a frickin tealady - are you for real? I think you are the one that’s been whooshed or have difficulty understanding sarcasm 😂

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I also shook hands with the god damn Albion legend that is @jackalbion in the North after the game as he went past on crutches. Does Portslade proud he does.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Of course we MUST give it a go on Thursday. You got to play these matches to get better. It’s a way to be better prepared the next time (if we ever reach EL again). Rosenborg during the 90s and now FCK play i Europe every year. They know how it ”works” and doing it quite well, with the resources they got. A win will also give more money to spend on something nice!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So who was the wanker in the pink? I don’t know the Forest squad.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
RDZ took off the correct players. Fati seemed lost out on the wing. Estupinan also seemed lost and way below his best at LB. Ferguson just needs a rest or a game in the U21s to try and resurrect his confidence. Adingra yet to find his best after his African cup exploits and Moder was pulled after his yellow although I thought he played well

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Genuine question. How does being stabbed in the arse and mugged make you a legend ? Seems a nice enough chap BUT legend ?
Innocently ending up taking one for the team like that in the pursuit of supporting the Albion and then going to the game afterwards. Then Forest at home 3 days later too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here