Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Last Saturday, what with the disappointment of the football and the scandalous robbing of a World Heavyweight title for Dubois, I quite understandably went through ten packets of Tesco multipack crisps. Now Newcastle are a very strong and athletic side and we have no height in midfield and Welbeck is out, so it seems obvious to me that Veltman must play to give us a bit more height at set pieces. I've gone for a major upgrade this week and at the moment, my cupboards are very well stocked with McCoy's Salt and malt vinegar and the finest crisps of all, McCoy's flame grilled steak. I don't want to eat all of them in one evening, but I am quite prepared to do so should the situation require it. So think on Mr RD bloody Z and pick Joel. I am NOT bluffing.

Last edited:

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
IMG_1436.png

crazy to think this was only 3 years ago and only 4 players still here (assuming Alzate is leaving as expected) And, assuming Alzate goes for £2m, that £135m for 7 players…

what a club.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Last Saturday, what with the disappointment of the football and the scandalous robbing of a World Heavyweight title for Dubois, I quite understandably went through ten packets of Tesco multipack crisps. Now Newcastle are a very strong and athletic side and we have no height in midfield and Welbeck is out, so it seems obvious to me that Veltman must play to give us a bit more height at set pieces. I've gone for a major upgrade this week and at the moment, my cupboards are very well stocked with McCoy's Salt and malt vinegar and the finest crisps of all, McCoy's flame grilled steak. I don't want to eat all of them in one evening, but I am quite prepared to should the situation require it. So think on Mr RD bloody Z and pick Joel. I am NOT bluffing.
Height - Veltman? - he’s only 5ft 9. Only 2” taller than Milner. Still nearly a foot shorter than BDB. Isak is over 6ft too.

Personally, I’d start him over Milner for this one but not for height. For his defensive mind.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Height - Veltman? - he’s only 5ft 9. Only 2” taller than Milner. Still nearly a foot shorter than BDB. Isak is over 6ft too.

Personally, I’d start him over Milner for this one but not for height. For his defensive mind.
Actually, he is 5 feet and 11.654 inches (roughly) and has far better aerial ability than the alternatives. Also I didn't say he was especially tall, I said he offers ' a bit more height'.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Actually, he is 5 feet and 11.654 inches (roughly) and has far better aerial ability than the alternatives

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

I went off Google. Not saying it’s 100% correct but he’s never struck me as particularly tall. But agree he is 100% better in the air. Regardless, I agree with you he should start.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
The 2 new signings introduced to the crowd at 5.15.

Normally it is only 60% full 15 minutes before kick off, so will people bother to show up early ?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Webster rightly dropped. Good luck to Van Hecke.

Verbruggen seems to be regarded as our number one already it seems.

Welbeck injured - big chance for Joao Pedro to shine.

Looking forward to this - strong line up.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Botman out for Newcastle is a bonus. They’ve got a pretty strong team though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here