Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We got a point and I'm grateful for that but I'm probably even angrier for it. We played a second half blinder and why have we been missing that for 6.5 games? IF we had done that just twice out of those we'd have been safe. My view hasn't changed about an end of season change but we may yet see another season in the PL.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Wish I could explain that , game of two halves or halfs , no idea what was said in the dressing room but someone said the right things.

Solly March MOTM and deservedly as his contribution changed the way the game was played but question has to be asked why didnt the team do that in the first half ? nerves , too scared , team orders or did they just freeze under the pressure.

Not convinced the first half formation worked even a little bit , thats if I could figure out what it was supposed to be , 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 , either way the players didnt seem to know what to do.

Great point and maybe enough , dare I say we need Palace to do us a favour and thrash Cardiff.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A much better second half, but it in no way made up for that shocking ineptitude in the first half. Cardiff need two wins to stay up, a point for us against Arsenal will make no difference. Relieved with the point, but so disappointed with the first half.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes. We were the better side second half. If the first half was down to CH, then the second half was too.

Oh. That’s fair enough. But he’s still utterly out of his depth and despite the result we need to get rid of him ASAP. Tonight even. Thanks Chris but you’ve gotta go.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Where the hell was that second half performance in the first?! Or in any number of games this season. Hopefully that's enough to keep us up.

I can't remember ever wanting a season to end so much before. A lot of changes need to be made over the summer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would take a point. It means Cardiff need to win twice.

Yep that's us as good as done now, even if we bag a draw somehow in one of next 2, still means Cardiff need to win twice. If they win next week it really will be squeeky bum time.

What's worse, is for 90 mins we're all palace fans.

Go on wilf, fling yourself, con that ref.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who's happy now?

Screenshot_20190427-192212_BT Sport.jpgScreenshot_20190427-192307_BT Sport.jpgScreenshot_20190427-192309_BT Sport.jpgScreenshot_20190427-192321_BT Sport.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here