[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Why why why give Solly a pen.
We all knew he couldn’t score unless it was a rugby match
He would've had to take one sooner or later.

And he probably wasn't expecting to have to take number 7.

Taking 2nd and in front of the Brighton fans, United's penalty takers were nerveless.

Credit to Solly for stepping up.

Let's see the reaction against Forest on Wednesday and 3 valuable points.

Europe is still on. As disappointing as that is, that's always been the big picture.

Lose a battle today. Win the war and the European tour.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The (only) positive for me is that a cup final to look forward to us may have lead to a few dropped points here or there. That won't happen now. Lets get 5th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arse

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I was concerned watching March place the ball. It seemed to be placed higher up and not into the turf. He's hit two penalties well over the bar and that is really really poor it has to be said. He's been brilliant since RDZ though.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Goes back to the striker situation again. I called for Undav to come for Welbeck but both were pony. A decent striker and we would have been the final. Our bench was too weak. Nothing to change the game when tiring. We needed to be at our best to win today and fell short. Mitoma was poor sadly with a couple of others

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And ultimately this will always be the difference. They're crap but they are going to win more often than not (same as Spurs), not because they're a better team but because they have a squad full of players that have done it. We should be very proud still.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unlucky tappy-tenders! C'mon you Gooners!
IMG_0297.jpeg

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Commiserations. I watched most of the match and all the penalties. To be fair, as soon as the ref blew the whistle signalling the end of extra time, I was sure it was over for you - and you did much much better than I expected holding on for 6 straight penalties. Penalties come down to the single player's experience and confidence, and United have a more experienced squad than yours. Not surprised March was the one who missed it as it's not unusual to miss for attacking players with extra pressure and extra love for the club. You didn't play well but to be fair United silenced you effectively. Short squad + fatigue caused by this crammed period of the season possibly playing a part.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What frustrates me most about March's penalty miss was that it was so similar to the one v Charlton. Like he learned nothing. I'd be more understanding of it if he had instead tried to place it in the bottom corner and had it saved because he didn't put enough power in it. Doing the exact same thing as the last time he missed is only going to end the same way.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Exactly. He was our 7th taker for a reason. After him we’ve got Caicedo, Veltman, Mitoma or Sanchez. None of them scream penalty taker.
Well, quite.

Mitoma missed a shoot out penalty in the World Cup. He wouldn't have gone in front of Solly.

Credit to Solly for having the guts to take one. He was probably expecting it to be done in 5 penalties.

And with Albion taking first and the shootout taking place at the Albion end, so was I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports