Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
40 years + watching BHA, don't remember many better performances than yesterday. Amex was pumped!!!

Total football...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Going to have to apologise to some of my friends today because I would out of nowhere scream 4-0 every tenth minute or so at the pup last night. And the dude who followed me for the post-night smoke and went from barely knowing who Zlatan is to now have all the details on Pascal Gross contract situation.

What a wonderful win though, made me euphoric all night.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Had this crazy dream last night that we completely outplayed man utd and put 4 past them without response. Such a fantasy.

Anyway, looking forward to the game today. Hope we don't get beaten by too many. You know what our home record is like...

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I presume Man U have been awarded some penalties overnight to help "correct" the final score.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just watched the Sky coverage and picked up a few reminders of tiny moments that made yesterday even better:

United clearing in the first half when one of our intricate attacks broke down and the huge cry of 'Hoof!' at Fernandes;
Ronaldo joining in the fun by shanking every chance he got and letting the crowd jeer him;
Caicedo's superb touch to clear off Fernandes boot on the edge of our box;
Pascal's triple Cruyff turn;
GP obviously loving the blue and white army chant.

Unfortunately they didn't show footage of Dunky jumping down the tunnel at the end like a seven year old kid who's just been told they're going to Disneyland.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[tweet]1523040286254850048[/tweet]

I remember Stockdale being the first keeper we had who could really hit an accurate long pass. Matty Ryan was a big upgrade playing long and short passes, but Sanchez is leagues ahead. I'm struggling to think of a current keeper as good with his feet. Add his shot stopping and ability to come and take the cross and I think he has the ability to become the best of the lot.

Still only 24 years old and will make cock-ups, but even when he does, it seems to have absolutely no effect on his confidence whatsoever. All the top keepers have always had that blind (some may say stupid) level of confidence. I hope we keep him for a couple more years yet :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I stumbled out of bed to take a leak and just checked the result !
Couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Took the phone to the loo with me and had a sit down wee whilst reading this thread. Still sitting here with a few tesrs on my cheeks.
What a result and what emotions expressed here.
Going the sneek upstairs with headphones and watch the replay right now. :albion2:

Similar here chap. I wasn’t sleeping well so decided to watch on my IPad. When Cucu scored the emotion went around the globe.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Have another look :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

I've had several more looks. Goals are coming from all over the pitch. What's going on?

I didn't realise just how good Pascal Gross's goal was, going wide of the defender to allow himself room to get the shot away, and then precisely placing it the wrong side of the keeper.
It was not an easy one to execute, but he put it away with ease. Think how pinpoint Gross often is with his crosses.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Days like yesterday do not happen very often and those that were there must have a overwhelming sense of happiness and memories which will last a lifetime,I didn't go but watching the players togetherness and sheer joy for one another is something that #teamslikeutd will never understand,why,because they are supposedly superior players to ours and perhaps on paper that's true,but they could not compete with the sheer will to win from our team,I'm immensely proud of them and have been pottering around with a huge smile on my face all day,the crowd created a electric atmosphere on the back of a sublime performance,what a perfect day the 7th of May 2022 was,unforgettable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here