[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I know I shouldn't c&p.....but just love this quote from the Telegraph....................While United’s interim manager Ralf Rangnick fails to get a tune out of a bunch of players who cost millions, Potter smartly organises a bunch who collectively cost less than the car valet bill at Old Trafford. Such is his expert tuition, there was not one player in the United side who might find a place in this Brighton team.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just got back what a performance and what an atmosphere all around the ground tonight, more please!

Oh and the lady that felt me up on the WSU concourse at HT, your most welcome but I was with my 7 year old so and happily married

Bizarre but what a day

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without Ronaldo’s goals in dire performances, they’d be in the company of Everton and Leeds.

Quite possibly - but I do wonder if his joining unbalanced the dressing room. The likes of Fernandes and Rashford can't have been too pleased to see him coming in to take their places.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Just got back what a performance and what an atmosphere all around the ground tonight, more please!

Oh and the lady that felt me up on the WSU concourse at HT, your most welcome but I was with my 7 year old so and happily married

Bizarre but what a day

Are you sure it was a lady? Not that it matters of course.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Enjoyed your game today and congratulations on stuffing that shower of shit.

You should have won by more.

Whilst Brighton are our rivals, I genuinely hate Manchester United and their fans.

I’ll enjoy two games on MOTD tonight.

Well thank you. That’s genuinely very kind.

Actually, this is proving to be a vintage year for our rivalry. Both clubs have had great seasons, both comfortably clear of the drop zone, and here we are, 2/3 games out from the end with it still impossible to tell which one of us will win bragging rights for the year. And that’s after two crazy 1-1 draws where we’ve stymied you right at the death.

This is how rivalries should be. Those 20 years or so when we were out of the loop were a real drag.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dunk

"It is a special day. [Man Utd] are a top side and we've let our home fans down this season, so it was a nice moment. Away from home, our form has been excellent, home form not so good. It has held us back in the league. They've had to watch some not so good performances but you can hear they enjoyed that one.

"We waited for it to come together; there were a few moments when I was still shouting. I'm happy, but never too happy. We'll have a nice evening."

Cucurella

"It is unbelievable. We played really well and we are very happy because we work together, we lost six games in a row. This is a present for the fans and the team and the season.

"Coming here was difficult in the summer, a new league, new country and new language. It is now very exciting for me and my family; when we came, my son was 10 days old. He travelled with me when I changed my city. It is very special."

Potter

"We've had a bit of pain here this season in terms of not winning in front of our supporters. We owe them one and it is a special evening for us. A fantastic performance and an amazing result."

"In an ideal world world you want to get your points at home but at the end of the day the most important thing is you get the points. But it was nice to give the supporters a game, a performance and memory. So we are delighted."

"We played well from the start I thought. We were the better team, they did everything they could and what we asked them to do."

On Moises Caicedo scoring his first goal:

"He has the ability to do it. It's just getting in the right places and thankfully he did today. I'm really happy for him."

On how the club's recruitment helps them compete with bigger clubs in the Premier League:

"It's a collective. I've always spoken about how we can't compete financially. We have to be aligned with how we play and it is important we bring in the right characters with the right attributes."

"You have to suffer because Brighton are not one of the big guys so there will be times where it is tough."

"But it is a good football club with good people."

caicedo.jpg

cucurella.jpg

gross.jpg

trossard.jpg

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Are you sure it was a lady? Not that it matters of course.

I turned around obviously as she was caressing me from behind which walking back to our entrance.

I did make the point that imagine how it would have been seen if we reversed roles. Flattering none the less but I was with my son whos 8 FFS

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Just got back. What a performance by everyone, a truly special night.

My sons first season ticket this year and he hasn't had a lot to cheer about. He was almost in tears when the 3rd went in.

Memories. UTA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given we rightly slag off poor officiating it's worth pointing out the ref today, Andy Madley, had a really good game, as did all the officials. Don't think either side can have any complaints - advantages played well and at the right times, offsides flagged quickly etc.

Also, was all the United fans going at 60 minutes a protest against the Glazers or just avoiding the traffic back to Surrey? :D

Carded sulky Ronnie ..what’s not too like

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I turned around obviously as she was caressing me from behind which walking back to our entrance.

I did make the point that imagine how it would have been seen if we reversed roles. Flattering none the less but I was with my son whos 8 FFS

Would have made my day for sure but then my Daughter is 50!

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Given we rightly slag off poor officiating it's worth pointing out the ref today, Andy Madley, had a really good game, as did all the officials. Don't think either side can have any complaints - advantages played well and at the right times, offsides flagged quickly etc.

Also, was all the United fans going at 60 minutes a protest against the Glazers or just avoiding the traffic back to Surrey? :D

They had to get to the Old Steine for the 1A.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't know what folk are getting excited about. It was only Manchester United.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Think we are celebrating surrounded in the pub by Bristol Rovers fans...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports