Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
you're right, I'll thank [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION]

Writes post @ 11:29.

Edits post @ 11:30.

images

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
————————Ryan———————-
—-White————Dunk——-Webster—
Lamptey—-Alzate——Lalllana—March
———————Trossard——————-
———-Maupay————Connolly——-

Not a lot of power and height outside the back three but I think we’re going to try and dominate possession.

No Striker on the bench again but Ali-J can come on later when there is a bit more space and hopefully add to his goal rush this season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Who’s going to win the ball in the midfield , fear for us today !

Win the ball?

The ball sticks to Alzate's and Lallana's feet like glue.

We won't need to win the ball if United never have it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Optimistic cheeky little bet placed.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
————————Ryan———————-
———————Trossard——————-

Not a lot of power and height outside the back three but I think we’re going to try and dominate possession.

No Striker on the bench again but Ali-J can come on later when there is a bit more space and hopefully add to his goal rush this season.

Admittedly, I haven't watched the games Ali has played in so far this season, but is he not playing in more of a striker role than we have seen him in previous seasons?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Alzate and Lallana in the middle looks a bit lightweight up against Fernandes, Pogba and Matic. Potter must be convinced by Lallana’s fitness in order to play as one of the two centre midfielders. Bissouma is a massive miss for us when you look at that team, balance wise.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In all serious we should probably temper our expectations slightly.

No question this will be a difficult game.

Confident that we will give a good account of ourselves though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Molumby on the bench - good; playing DM will be a tough call for Lallana to last the full 90 minutes.
Gyokeres not on the bench - pity about that.
Propper not on the bench - hmmm............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a mod and one of the most derisive of NSC posters about Ali J, you may even get an upgrade to First Class with Bozza and HKFC :wink:

I imagine you’ll be screaming at the TV for GP to get Ali J on so you can get your freebie to Tehran

Sadly [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and I will not be getting on this flight :down:

:lolol:

Persian food is superb. I'll bring you back some cold Kashke Bademjan if they let me live.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Admittedly, I haven't watched the games Ali has played in so far this season, but is he not playing in more of a striker role than we have seen him in previous seasons?

Yes, CH was using him as a right winger in a middle 4. He seems so much more comfortable and useful as a right sided forward in a front 3.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Alzate and Lallana in the middle looks a bit lightweight up against Fernandes, Pogba and Matic. Potter must be convinced by Lallana’s fitness in order to play as one of the two centre midfielders. Bissouma is a massive miss for us when you look at that team, balance wise.

In hindsight, might have been better if we were still haggling with Burnley for an extra twenty grand!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
————————Ryan———————-
———————Trossard——————-

Not that the squad can anyway, but there's no point playing to Maguire's only strength, with tall players.

Running at him with the lil fellas is perfect (hopefully)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here