Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perked up a bit in second half. First ten min was pure Hughton. Stephens and Duffy are not good enough.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We didn’t look great but a man united team on their game pressured us from the first minute. Even at our absolute best we didn’t stand a chance tonight. Better in the second half but united had definitely taken their foot off of the pedal.

Could have been much worse

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
What a load of bollocks Redknapp saying he hit the ball into the ground deliberately. It was a great goal but he just wanted to make a good contact, he wasn’t deliberately trying to play into the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Match Stats from BBC:

Man U shots on target: 3
Goals scored: 3

You don’t think it’s fair to question Matty Ryan..?

No not when you see the goals, one took a huge deflection, one was point blank and one was straight through a defenders legs.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Pretty sure if we play like that on Saturday we will win. Are people seriously pissed off with the performance?

Frustration for me was that we were set up to limit the damage tonight. And it didn't work.

Crap tactics and naive in my view. We do better when we press. Yes its a risk but how did it go tonight?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Think we just needed to get tonight’s match out of the way without injuries, a yellow for Dunk or a Red for anyone else. Mission accomplished. The icing on the cake was the chances Trossard created and that we didn’t capitulate and let in a confidence shattering number of goals. We should put this down to United being much better than us on the day BECAUSE they have better players.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Dunno, against Leicester we were very good at stopping the breakaway from our set piece. Tonight, not good at all Slow to react all night, no energy.

Not fatal, but tonight is a kick up the arse. A deserved kick up the arse.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Disappointing way to lose. Potter got it wrong (which will happen occasionally when he changes the team so often) but the players couldn’t keep up with utd. Wasn’t even a contest.

Despite this, 4 points from the games we’ve played since the restart is a good return. Make it 7 from 4 on Saturday and today will be quickly forgotten.

There has to be a reaction vs Norwich.

Well at least we kept it down to 3. Now let’s never speak of this again

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Couldnt understand selection today but who ever does. Lampty outstanding at Leicester and then plays him in midfield..Connelly does nothing outside box and will never be a lone striker in any division. I considered Locardia and Androne to be far better but both let go. Dunk off and at last a chance to see Burn at Centre back but no Bernardo goes there.. I know he has his fans but surely Bernardo is a better full back. Potters tactics very strange setting up to defend. ( What stick Hughton would have got } He needed to be brave and make changes before half time } Just glad I wasnt there. Considering how Norwich.played against them hope we are not in for a shock on Saturday.

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
Tough night for me. Always had a soft spot for United but obviously didn't want them to win. A draw would have been nice I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here