Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will it be Duffy partnering Dunk at the back or will Burn move to CB and Bernardo come in at LB?

Expecting to see Propper and Stephens starting together tonight. March if I remember correctly did okay at OT in the reverse fixture so think he may start too.

Bernardo being left out of both match squads last week despite having two right backs on the bench and Burn playing in one of the most demanding positions makes me believe something's wrong with Bernardo.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Puncture. Bike ride in the rain. Struggling to access work server. Now a headache. Today is not going well, so expect a tonking.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£20 at 6/1 win

Will it be Duffy partnering Dunk at the back or will Burn move to CB and Bernardo come in at LB?

Expecting to see Propper and Stephens starting together tonight. March if I remember correctly did okay at OT in the reverse fixture so think he may start too.

Albion team is hard to predict, so I didn't. Normally, I'm happy for Duffy to start, not sure about this one? £20 at 6/1 win.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

This feels for the 1st time since our promotion that we are playing a Man Utd team on the "up", rather than a disjointed, defensive collection of players. They are on a good run, but their players have poor performances in them and we will need them to have one tonight if we are to get anything I think. I do worry about our ability to defend vs. pace out wide with Gross, Trossard and Mooy, so I think March will play. No idea how GP will approach Lamptey situation.. arguably less pressure than the Norwich one, so maybe play him..exciting stuff though!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
That's drifted out from 9/2 when I had a tickle yesterday - I wish I'd waited...

I'm buzzing for tonight - just topped the fridge up with beer and the missus has been informed the TV is booked for the evening :cheers:
Ha ha. Same here

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The team I want:

Ryan - Webster, Dunk, Burn - Lamptey, Pröpper, Bissouma, Bernardo (or Mooy if Bernardo is fcked up somehow) - Maupay, Connolly

The team I predict:

Ryan - Schelotto, Webster, Dunk, Burn - Gross, Bissouma, Mooy, Pröpper, March - Maupay

Think its likely Potter is starting with a lineup including Mooy and Gross to be able to have some possession in the first 25 minutes when "big" teams usually press very hard to get the lead. Once the storm is over, I think some more pace and attacking threat (Macallister, Trossard, Lamptey, Connolly) will be brought on in half-time and fairly early in the second half.

Considering the last Montoya vs Rashford experience, I'm 95% certain Martin will be on the bench. Many would call for Lamptey to replace him and I agree though I'm sceptic this will be the case - Potter loves giving young players the chance but he made quite clear (while at Swansea) that he believes its not physically healthy for young players to play more than one game a week - and that game is Norwich, where I'm sure Lamptey will start.

Only picking 10 players isn't really going to help is it?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This feels for the 1st time since our promotion that we are playing a Man Utd team on the "up", rather than a disjointed, defensive collection of players. They are on a good run, but their players have poor performances in them and we will need them to have one tonight if we are to get anything I think.

I reckon JLingz will do us a solid, in preparation for his move here.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The team I want:

Ryan - Webster, Dunk, Burn - Lamptey, Pröpper, Bissouma, Bernardo (or Mooy if Bernardo is fcked up somehow) - Maupay, Connolly

The team I predict:

Ryan - Schelotto, Webster, Dunk, Burn - Gross, Bissouma, Mooy, Pröpper, March - Maupay

Think its likely Potter is starting with a lineup including Mooy and Gross to be able to have some possession in the first 25 minutes when "big" teams usually press very hard to get the lead. Once the storm is over, I think some more pace and attacking threat (Macallister, Trossard, Lamptey, Connolly) will be brought on in half-time and fairly early in the second half.

Considering the last Montoya vs Rashford experience, I'm 95% certain Martin will be on the bench. Many would call for Lamptey to replace him and I agree though I'm sceptic this will be the case - Potter loves giving young players the chance but he made quite clear (while at Swansea) that he believes its not physically healthy for young players to play more than one game a week - and that game is Norwich, where I'm sure Lamptey will start.

MY starting XI

Ryan
Webster, Dunk, Duffy, Burn
Bissouma
Pröpper Bernardo (or Mooy)
Groß
Connolly Maupay

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Bit concerned, I always am when things start going too well for us, we're Brighton FFS!
And these are a good team.
But somehow I still think we can nick this one.
:ascarf:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have a very severe std.

But I'm pretty sure that this itching right now is to see the team sheet.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he plays, at some point Duffy will head either Martial or Rashford into their own penalty area.

That's the only prediction I'm willing to make.

I'll make an observation though: we seem very confident, perhaps with good reason, perhaps without. We were similarly confident before the game at Old Trafford...

I look forward to getting up tomorrow and seeing if Duffy has made my prediction come true and whether our confidence was well placed or not.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I have a very severe std.

But I'm pretty sure that this itching right now is to see the team sheet.

ilqokpv.gif

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

MY starting XI

Ryan
Webster, Dunk, Duffy, Burn
Bissouma
Pröpper Bernardo (or Mooy)
Groß
Connolly Maupay

Seen that back four formation before. Potter used it to great effect stopping Woods and Barnes winning long balls hoofed down the flanks.

Probably the last quartet he’d be considering for Man Utd at home.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We're now looking value @ 6/1 with Betfair. :thumbsup:

I have to admit, I don’t usually like to bet on us getting a result.. but that seems like exceptionally good value. Just chucked a few quid down.

No shame if we lose this tonight, but we are capable, and there’s more pressure on Man U actually I’d say. This is their whole season, whereas this is a total free hit for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here