Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was very tough. We knew to play against Manchester City is always tough. We played very well, we deserved the point and we deserve to play in the Europa League."

On Julio Enciso's goal: "Incredible, Julio has big, big potential but I want him to play better, play for the team. I think he can do that if he stays with us. I think for sure he can improve."

On if he thought sixth would be possible when he arrived: "I didn't think about the target [when I first came here]. I wanted to work and to analyse the team and the players, to understand the new country and the new league. In February I started to think about the table, the final result and the goal."

"I am lucky because I found a group of players who are fantastic. I am normal, a good coach."

On Pep's compliment: "I became a coach for him because I loved his Barcelona. I studied him a lot. I don't want to copy no-one but I took [ideas] when I started to be a coach. Pep is number one."

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We've had some moments in the past few years, in the past few months - & is it just me, that this feels like one of THE most significant Albion moments like, ever? & what's all this watching football & feeling like wanting to well up all the time?!! FFS!
This feels like a watershed. We are now competing with, and not being dominated by Man City, Premier League Champions and Champions League finalists.

Take a moment to let that sink in.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
From BBC Sport “55% of the Premier League goals scored by teenagers this season (excluding own goals) have been by Brighton players (11 out of 20 such goals; scored by Julio Enciso, Evan Ferguson and Facundo Buonanotte)”
Wow. Over half. That is nuts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tony Bloom, speaking to Sky Sports: "The season started really well and then I got the phone call and Graham [Potter] left soon after."

"You never know in the early part of the season what may happen when you hire a new coach, fortunately we hired the perfect man, the players have taken to him so magnificently. His motivational skills, tactical skills and getting the best out of our players has been absolutely superb."

"We are getting prepared [for next season] - we have been working hard for the last few weeks on our squad and we will continue to do that over the next two or three months."

"I am exceptionally proud, we have come a long way."

Wished we’d kept Enciso on for a bit longer, his press was amazing

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
This feels like a watershed. We are now competing with, and not being dominated by Man City, Premier League Champions and Champions League finalists.

Take a moment to let that sink in.
Agreed. However there are managers/clubs that still have the hoodoo over us.

When we can finally finally destroy a team run by Smugly, then my son, then we shall be king

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Wearing my Albion shirt and hoodie, drinking out of my Albion-Canada cup and hung my Albion-Canada flag in the living room window (no one in my neighbourhood follows 'soccer', so am getting double-takes from passersby, lol.)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi on finishing in the top six:

"It's a fantastic goal, we achieved an incredible target for Brighton club, Brighton players and Brighton coaches. We are very, very happy."

"Man City is the best team in the world I think. For us it was a very tough game. We deserve the point. we deserve the Europa League."

On the futures of Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo:

"I don't know the future. I don't know the policy of these players."

"I think they deserve to play in another level."

"But we have to be ready to bring in more big player because we will play four competitions. The Europa League, the Premier League will be more tough and we have to be ready."

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Well now - how freaking good was that? Genuine trepidation walking up to the stadium. And I wasn't alone by the way. Only to be hit by that. Everyone turned up. Fans, team, everyone. Brilliant atmosphere and game and we should have won it.

Goodnight is going to be a serious footballer.

MoM for me was Gross. Brilliant in about 18 positions but frankly you could have picked anyone.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Wearing my Albion shirt and hoodie, drinking out of my Albion-Canada cup and hung my Albion-Canada flag in the living room window (no one in my neighbourhood follows 'soccer', so am getting double-takes from passersby, lol.)

Are they all like, "sacre bleu!"
Because they definitely should be.
Really they should be all "sacre bleu et blanc".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here