Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Good point and one I didn't consider.

Bit sad that the final home game of the season is midweek featuring 2 teams with nothing to play for, going to be quite underwhelming tonight I imagine in a season full of things to celebrate.

Think we should just enjoy that game tonight, make some real noise for the last time this season. it's what the players deserve.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do we really want to go into the game on Sunday with Villa only needing to score 4? Or even 5, or 6? I would be terrified. It is certainly unlikely that would happen but I am sure they would give it a decent go if they get a sniff.
Well you say that, but bear in mind that primarily they need the 3 points to ensure they stave off Spurs and Brentford for that Conference League slot. So say they go 2 up against us - are they REALLY going to go completely gung-ho to get 5,6,7+ and risk getting picked off by one of the slickest teams in the League ? That would be pretty stupid.

I say again - we can lose 10-0 tonight, and Villa would have to win by 4. I could not be more relaxed.

Its done.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Theres going to be loads of empty seats tonight.

Every time I look at our ticket site there are more and more tickets available on the exchange and not many are selling (especially as it's a Wednesday night and the most expensive grade of game)

Also, Man City twitter is literally full of city fans trying to shift their tickets too. Obviously, the game has now become unimportant for them and I guess people are thinking the same goes for us to a lesser extent
If there are only 8,000 Brighton fans and no City fans that could work out well for us again. Let's see if we can talk the ref into another soft sending off.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ake, Akanji, Dias and Grealish haven’t travelled = the spine of my Dream Team, FFS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Theres going to be loads of empty seats tonight.

Every time I look at our ticket site there are more and more tickets available on the exchange and not many are selling (especially as it's a Wednesday night and the most expensive grade of game)

Also, Man City twitter is literally full of city fans trying to shift their tickets too. Obviously, the game has now become unimportant for them and I guess people are thinking the same goes for us to a lesser extent
Think a lot of people may have OD'ed on Amex games recently. One home game on 1st April. Then none for four weeks. Then FIVE in less than a month. Utterly absurd distibution of games when money's too tight to mention for many

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think a lot of people may have OD'ed on Amex games recently. One home game on 1st April. Then none for four weeks. Then FIVE in less than a month. Utterly absurd distibution of games when money's too tight to mention for many
Thats because the PL is run by a bunch of cash grabbing bastards.

IMO

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ake, Akanji, Dias and Grealish haven’t travelled = the spine of my Dream Team, FFS.
That deprives me my chance to BOOOOOOO!

(Only joking, I've actually massively changed my opinion of him over recent weeks.)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would get better organisation at a Fairground...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
How could anyone od on this fabulous team and games at The Amex? Besides it's literally a free match for every Season Ticket holder.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well you say that, but bear in mind that primarily they need the 3 points to ensure they stave off Spurs and Brentford for that Conference League slot. So say they go 2 up against us - are they REALLY going to go completely gung-ho to get 5,6,7+ and risk getting picked off by one of the slickest teams in the League ? That would be pretty stupid.

I say again - we can lose 10-0 tonight, and Villa would have to win by 4. I could not be more relaxed.

Its done.
I don't think you understand this "supporting Brighton" business. I'm still expecting a delayed points deduction for Hughton's fist pumps.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hopefully grealish performance is as bad as his Chinese!

Agreed, but I hope he isn't booed by Brighton fans tonight, I mean yes he has a daft haircut, and yes he is annoyingly skilful and enjoys a bit of diving, and yes in my case I'm annoyed that he turned his back on the Rep.of Ireland, but he seems a decent human especially being nice to kids who drew life's short straw.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, but I hope he isn't booed by Brighton fans tonight, I mean yes he has a daft haircut, and yes he is annoyingly skilful and enjoys a bit of diving, and yes in my case I'm annoyed that he turned his back on the Rep.of Ireland, but he seems a decent human especially being nice to kids who drew life's short straw.
He 100% definitely won’t be.

I’ll stake Live By The Sea’s reputation on it.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Yeah yeah, bollocks to all that. If I was going tonight I would boo him. BOOOO.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Attachments

• 02DA213D-66B1-4D0C-8CED-2710377A8EA2.jpeg
    02DA213D-66B1-4D0C-8CED-2710377A8EA2.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 28

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills