Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I think that VAR has very much been our friend recently and has levelled out some of the previous perceived bias against us. I’m thinking of the Man Utd handball for our penalty, the Southampton disallowed equaliser and Haaland’s headed goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that VAR has very much been our friend recently and has levelled out some of the previous perceived bias against us. I’m thinking of the Man Utd handball for our penalty, the Southampton disallowed equaliser and Haaland’s headed goal.

No, they don't even anything out. Man U pen was the correct decision, just like when Dunk stuck his hand up and gave away a penalty against Forest. The Southampton goal was offside, and Haaland fouled Colwill.

We've had plenty of decisions like those go against us too. We're not complaining about decisions like those that went against us, because they were correct. We're complaining about the ones that were clearly incorrect.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But all of those were VAR correcting incorrect on-field decisions. The 'previous perceived bias' wasn't perceived, it was acknowledge by PGMOL on certainly two -- and reportedly four -- occasions. And with one of them, they only admitted to one error, when most other (neutral) observers have identified up to six (in the Spurs game).

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
But all of those were VAR correcting incorrect on-field decisions. The 'previous perceived bias' wasn't perceived, it was acknowledge by PGMOL on certainly two -- and reportedly four -- occasions. And with one of them, they only admitted to one error, when most other (neutral) observers have identified up to six (in the Spurs game).
Did the Club ever tell us what the PGMOL's response was to the other incidents we raised with them after the Spurs robbery ?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Precisely … this doesn’t level up at all!!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Ì
I’ve obviously posted only a few times so it probably has been missed, but my views on state owned football clubs are much aligned with Klopp. It should never be allowed, so if you think that's why I don't like him you're completely wrong.

My dislike of the bloke comes from his arrogant attitude - particularly when they don't win - when being interviewed. Also, celebrating in the face of a fourth official isn't passionate or what not, it's a disgrace. He came over to England as a fella that everyone liked from his time in Germany, he was very 'memeable' to be very 2023. But the more success he's enjoyed with Liverpool, the more he's changed and the mask slipped. In my opinion of course, but I think there's many fans - definitely not just Newcastle - who are starting to tire of his antics. I understand he's been fairly complimentary of Brighton in recent years too, so it may permit him some leeway from your perspective, but I find him rude, obnoxious and a bit of a bully, if truth be told. There's times when he's asked a perfectly normal question and just goes on like a d1ck quite frankly.

Finally, whether we like it or not, there are people in football and beyond that just don't sit right with you and you can't like no matter how hard you try. Klopp is one for me personally.

I'm a firm believer in the league table doesn't lie, so I quite agree, but they've had some extremely fortunate VAR decisions in recent weeks that helped them on their run. I'm absolutely delighted they missed out on the Champions League.

Totally agreed mate. He's a classless helmet who gets a free ride in the press. Loads of people buy that matey, chummy persona but his mask has slipped off loads of times.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here