Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Luton Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Which if you could read is what my son did. He listed the ticket on the ticket exchange however the Luton fan purchased via stubhub or so he claimed
Understood ... I mis-read your message and thought your son put his ticket on the exchange 'via StubHub' ... not that he put it on the exchange and the chap sat in his seat bought it via StubHub. That is concerning and something the club would probably be interested in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Understood ... I mis-read your message and thought your son put his ticket on the exchange 'via StubHub' ... not that he put it on the exchange and the chap sat in his seat bought it via StubHub. That is concerning and something the club would probably be interested in.
To be fair, I read it the same way.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very promising. Obviously not the toughest opposition but we could have had 6 or 7 and are nowhere near optimum levels on the opening day. Exciting to think how good it will be once the new players develop an instinctive understanding with their team-mates and have had more time to get used to De Zerbi’s style. The squad overall looks so much stronger when you consider the subs. If we can get a couple more in to address the weaknesses, could be another great year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably rotate with Dahoud.
Dahoud looks a bit rusty in our set up however he improved as the game went on.

Think we may have got a pretty decent freebie

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very unlike Brighton first half only at the very end of the half did we play the ball out from the back midfield looked very disjointed although individually they payed ok Dahood did one brilliant defence splitting pass that showed what we can expect.
Compared to the second which was half was chalk from cheese, as soon as Gilmore and Veltman came on the team looked so much more solid midfield and Ferguson really livened up the forward line.

I was quite happy at 2-1 as it was my prediction but even more happy with 4-1 because we are top of the league

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Probably already mentioned....
When Luton ran out our man on the mic welcomed our friends from Hertfordshire.
I suppose there is a high probability that some of their fans come from Hertfordshire however Luton is very much in Bedfordshire.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Very unlike Brighton first half only at the very end of the half did we play the ball out from the back midfield looked very disjointed although individually they payed ok Dahood did one brilliant defence splitting pass that showed what we can expect.
Compared to the second which was half was chalk from cheese, as soon as Gilmore and Veltman came on the team looked so much more solid midfield and Ferguson really livened up the forward line.

I was quite happy at 2-1 as it was my prediction but even more happy with 4-1 because we are top of the league
We were for a bit anyway.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Dahoud looks a bit rusty in our set up however he improved as the game went on.

Think we may have got a pretty decent freebie

You could see Dahoud is class. Some of the turns, passes and tackles were top draw.

I thought Luton gave a good account of themselves in the first half, bouyed by their first game in the PL etc.. but our class shone through and we kept on grinding them down and they faded in the last 15 mins which our fresh legs took advantage of.

Great start to the season.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Very promising. Obviously not the toughest opposition but we could have had 6 or 7 and are nowhere near optimum levels on the opening day. Exciting to think how good it will be once the new players develop an instinctive understanding with their team-mates and have had more time to get used to De Zerbi’s style. The squad overall looks so much stronger when you consider the subs. If we can get a couple more in to address the weaknesses, could be another great year.
This. 1st half we were a bit rusty and slower than usual to move the ball around but 2nd half we blew the cobwebs off and started to look more like last season with our passing. Could and should have score 2 or 3 more goals though. Just a bit rusty like I said. Give it a few more games and we should be firing on all cylinders. :albion2:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So many options up front the ability to unlock a defence. Enjoyed Dahood, but he's no Caicedo (who the hell is?). And I think we still need the left footed CB. Staring with Milner/Gross as RB also shows we need a starting player there too. Window still open and a lovely start with some very young players getting on the score sheet.
Yep definitely need a right back , Milner might be good but he his no overlapping fullback
and in the first half on several occasions was struggling

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Nice. Watched from a bar on the beach overlooking the med. Hunched over my phone like a sad wanker.

Not the smoothest performance but had a couple of other gears available if necessary I thought. Looking forward to getting back for west ham.

What on God's green earth was that penalty.?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Took us a while to get going and settle in, but it was a potential banana skin handled very professionally.

They had a lot of BIG players up against us and I thought JPVH in particular handled it well. He did the same against Haaland last season and is growing into an absolute monster. Still young and will make the odd mistake, but most physical centre back we've had in a long time.

Dahoud looked better than in all the warm up games, Milner did what a player of Milner's experience does, and I think in João Pedro we may well have done it again. The regulars from last season all looked to pick up where they left off, Wee Billy and Evan already look better than last season and Adingra is exciting.

Far harder tests ahead but a good performance, 3 points and top of the league for a bit isn't a bad start :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here