Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
igor off with injury now. hard to predict what will/won’t happen regarding those, but can’t help but feel that the summer was a missed opportunity to address the squad depth that we are now clearly lacking
I won't criticise such a well run club, but we all said, all summer, that we needed a left and probably right back. Igor was not the answer.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think he’s the easy option to blame as he came here for free, he will openly admit he struggled previously but I feel he’s done more than prove he’s a premier league quality goalkeeper, but like I say people just see the history and the price tag and are quick to jump on him.
I mean this in the most pleasant way possible, but that’s a really patronising post.

It has nothing to do with his past and he’s always seemed like a lovely guy. My opinion though, is based on watching him play for us. We’ve got consistently worse defensively since he’s come into the team. We concede more goals - that’s a fact. Part of that is style - we score more too. But for me, he doesn’t do many of the basics right. He’s not dominant, the defenders in front of him seem to be consistently making more mistakes which is probably a result of his total lack of communication, and worst of all he never makes saves beyond the basic. And I’d argue that he fails to make saves that I would expect most Premier League keepers to make - they don’t go down as errors but when you watch them you think “a good keeper saves that comfortably”.

Anyways, it’s preference. I accept our manager prefers his goalkeepers to do certain things well and therefore rates Steele, often at the expense of other goalkeeping qualities, but I don’t prefer that type of goalkeeper and watching him doesn’t fill me with any confidence. Watching us defend over the past 6 months makes me question whether the defence has faith in him too.

But, and this is the key point, I want all our players to do well as I support our club and want us to succeed. So when I’m at games, I would encourage Steele as much as possible. But he’s going to have to improve quite drastically for my opinion to change because I really don’t think he’s good enough.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
VAR will give nothing to team's this season now if there's even a slight chance of an offence by a Liverpool player after the fcuk up against Spurs.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Mitoma could have gone down before he took his awful shot as was fouled. Possiby the reason for his wayward shot.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I thought RDZ was going to just kick the screen instead of arguing with the ref? Anyways - it clearly came off his knee onto his hand, and not a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here