Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Sorry if everything I'm gonna say has been said before but I'm 3 sheets to the wind and just got home.
1) The North Stand today for most of the game were utterly amazing. The noise generated was appreciated massively by us in the family stand.
2) The warm and passionate 'welcome home' that was given to Ali Mac, quite honestly brought a tear to my eye. I love how RDZ made sure he walked around the pitch after the game.
3) Adingra, wow, just wow. What a joy to watch.
4) Beleba IS a future star in the making.
5) I managed to get sunburn in October!
10) I'll get my coat.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Take today, we played we gave them two goals, they gave us one.

Other than that it was a good game.

What pissed me off was being called out for being "shouty". Some people these days want a sanitised version. The best atmospheres are when the fans are not just behind their team but believe an injustice has happened. Only after the "your not fit to referee" the crowd fully started singing. To those that just sit, get involved you might enjoy it.

Oh and Liverpool fans in WSU again.
This.
Also it works...
IMO, Taylor doesn't give the foul on March for the freekick that led to the equaliser, if he hasn't had vociferous angry noise at him for 5 minutes previously.
He also found his yellow cards shortly afterwards too.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
March was so good a left back - really well done.
Baleba was a joy to watch
Exciting times

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just seen a load of Twitter reds bemoaning the lack of a red card for Gross's shirt pull.
Apparently it was a DGSO and no attempt to play the ball for a "tap in".

Saw it mentioned in a post-match interview with Dunk.

Was it a discussion point on SKy?

Absolutely amazed at this.
Didn't occur to me for a second that Gross might get a red card.
Nailed on Pen of course.
In fairness he should have got a yellow, but Taylor was in his "no cards" zone at that point.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Just seen a load of Twitter reds bemoaning the lack of a red card for Gross's shirt pull.
Apparently it was a DGSO and no attempt to play the ball for a "tap in".

Saw it mentioned in a post-match interview with Dunk.

Was it a discussion point on SKy?

Absolutely amazed at this.
Didn't occur to me for a second that Gross might get a red card.
Nailed on Pen of course.
In fairness he should have got a yellow, but Taylor was in his "no cards" zone at that point.
You could argue it was denying a goal scoring opportunity, but he did try and win the ball. Therefore, it can't be more than a yellow. He clearly stretches his leg out to nick the ball.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He didn't want to, he was half way down the tunnel but De Zerbi chased after him, put him in a headlock and dragged him around the pitch.

The above may or may not be true
There definitely seemed a lot of reluctance from him to join in at first, but he soon got into the swing of it, before suddenly bolting down the tunnel!

It did look a little bit odd, with him tagging along with the rest of the boys, but completely understandable - and no doubt appreciated by the majority of fans left in the stadium.

One of the good guys :thumbsup:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You could argue it was denying a goal scoring opportunity, but he did try and win the ball. Therefore, it can't be more than a yellow. He clearly stretches his leg out to nick the ball.
Yeah exactly that.
The shirt pull is part of a tussle for the ball, not as the only way to prevent a player from getting a shot away.

LFC fans are citing it as a clear and obvious error and that Gross was making no attempt to win the ball.
Ridiculous.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah exactly that.
The shirt pull is part of a tussle for the ball, not as the only way to prevent a player from getting a shot away.

LFC fans are citing it as a clear and obvious error and that Gross was making no attempt to win the ball.
Ridiculous.
Two players still between him and the goal

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Like with Colwill last season, having a left footed LCB & then Dunk able to play RCB made a solid partnership. Thought Igor looked composed & good on the ball.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sorry if everything I'm gonna say has been said before but I'm 3 sheets to the wind and just got home.
1) The North Stand today for most of the game were utterly amazing. The noise generated was appreciated massively by us in the family stand.
2) The warm and passionate 'welcome home' that was given to Ali Mac, quite honestly brought a tear to my eye. I love how RDZ made sure he walked around the pitch after the game.
3) Adingra, wow, just wow. What a joy to watch.
4) Beleba IS a future star in the making.
5) I managed to get sunburn in October!
10) I'll get my coat.
Great post.
RE 1, fully agreed. The atmosphere was great yesterday, and it wasn't just the North stand. WSU in fine voice too, even the (often quiet) southern side of it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Like with Colwill last season, having a left footed LCB & then Dunk able to play RCB made a solid partnership. Thought Igor looked composed & good on the ball.
Yes - As the season progresses, I suspect this will become the preferred starting partnership, with Van Hecke coming in when needed

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great post.
RE 1, fully agreed. The atmosphere was great yesterday, and it wasn't just the North stand. WSU in fine voice too, even the (often quiet) southern side of it.
This. We, in NS, heard the loud WSU South Side "Give us a B-e-e, etc" chant and had to double check where it was coming from! :clap2:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Somebody on LinkedIn replied to a Jake Humphrey post claiming that bottles and flares were thrown at Mac Allister on Saturday.

I didn't see that from WSU. Was it true?

Jake Humphrey • Podcaster/TV Presenter/Entrepreneur/InvestorPodcaster/TV Presenter/Entrepreneur/Investor

4d • 4d •
This week, look after people.

Celebrate others, raise them up, wish the best for those around you, be a lightening conductor for other people’s moods…your energy can do great things.

This video is Robert De Zerbi. He is the Brighton boss, and this weekend lauded his former player Alexis MacAllister who was returning to Brighton. Class move.

Chris M Facilities Engineer at DNO ASA​

Jake Humphrey Mark Woodhouse Oh yes, so classy! He was having flares and bottles thrown at him by the Brighton fans as he was applauding them, so De Zerbi came over and put his arm around him pointing at him. The hostile fans were taken aback and then started giving him a rapturous applause! You’re giving De Zerbi a little too much credit. People comparing this scenario to how employers should treat ex-staff is just a bit silly.

I don't usually waste my time on LinkedIn but feel this needs correcting.

Can;t find any evidence on videos of the match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somebody on LinkedIn replied to a Jake Humphrey post claiming that bottles and flares were thrown at Mac Allister on Saturday.

Jake Humphrey • Podcaster/TV Presenter/Entrepreneur/InvestorPodcaster/TV Presenter/Entrepreneur/Investor
4d • 4d •

Celebrate others, raise them up, wish the best for those around you, be a lightening conductor for other people’s moods…your energy can do great things.

This video is Robert De Zerbi. He is the Brighton boss, and this weekend lauded his former player Alexis MacAllister who was returning to Brighton. Class move.

Chris M Facilities Engineer at DNO ASA

Jake Humphrey Mark Woodhouse Oh yes, so classy! He was having flares and bottles thrown at him by the Brighton fans as he was applauding them, so De Zerbi came over and put his arm around him pointing at him. The hostile fans were taken aback and then started giving him a rapturous applause! You’re giving De Zerbi a little too much credit. People comparing this scenario to how employers should treat ex-staff is just a bit silly.

You won't find any. Mark Woodhouse is a lying prick.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

4d • 4d •

Chris M Facilities Engineer at DNO ASA

Wtf?! What a weird lie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here