Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll repeat what I said when he came on for his debut, I don't want to get carried away but Baleba is better than Caicedo and Bissouma combined🤣🤣
Definitely not carried away. He's better than Zidan and is worth $1 Trillion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think their first was poor defending, they carved through us, playing quick incisive 1 touch passes. Was a good goal.

Dunk misplaced a pass down the middle, which happens, but then when he tried to recover he went the wrong side of his man, and out of position it was easy for Liverpool to waltz through us (IMO).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Earlier in the season Dunks came off his back onto his elbow, that was given. Have the rules changed?
That was a mistake and shouldn't have been a pen.

This one was more of a pen than that, but you can see why it's not given (as it did hit his leg first).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you had offered me 6th place going into the October international break before the season started I would have snapped your hand off!

If I'd known you'd snap my hand off, I wouldn't have offered it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When you write down the names of the players from both teams we really shouldn't get anywhere near Liverpool home or away,but what we don't have in superstar signings we make up for it with courage skill and executed orders from RDZ,the 2 silly goals we gifted Liverpool are of course annoying but we will get caught out against lesser teams than Liverpool playing the way we do,and currently we're in the top 6 after 8 games,I'd have taken that for sure at the start of the season.

I really enjoyed that and thought Baleba looked very Caciedo like when he first joined,I think we have a baller in Baleba,looking at our starting 11 for the first time my immediate thought was oh kinel, everyone chipped in with a performance so mustn't grumble.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Interesting to see Klopp's 'Heavy metal football' being adjusted. To overstretch the metaphor, the dominance of heavy metal has maybe been shattered by the 'quiet loud - quiet loud' of our Nirvana football*. Liverpool changing their approach are like one of those metal bands that jumped on the Seattle bandwagon: Soundgarden or Pearl Jam.

* - I guess this means that Pep's Barcelona are 'Pixies'.

papachris

Dunk misplaced a pass down the middle, which happens, but then when he tried to recover he went the wrong side of his man, and out of position it was easy for Liverpool to waltz through us (IMO).
Lewis confirmed it was his mistake in the post match interview. But let's remember he did lots of other good stuff in the match as well including his goal of course

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lewis confirmed it was his mistake in the post match interview. But let's remember he did lots of other good stuff in the match as well including his goal of course
In his interview he mentioned the misplaced pass, but I thought it was what he did afterwards that was the bigger mistake (and yes I know he did other stuff well, I'm not getting on his back or anything)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good game and a fair result in the end, ref got most of the big calls right (Diaz was lucky not to get a card for persistent fouling), some real positives for us (Adingra, Baleba, March at LB) including a set piece goal ! Good for (some of) the squad to have a couple of weeks now to recharge and get over some niggles and time for RdeZ to ingrain the ‘system’ a bit more. 6th place at this stage is a good with 3 ‘top’ teams played already (and not lost to any of them).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Two mistakes attempting to play out from the back cost us two goals. Need to iron out these silly mistakes. Great that we comeback for the 2nd match in a row

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I don't know what is happening to him, maybe trying to cover too much ground?.. trying to be all things to all men.... Igor today, started to look a good find to share that defensive load ... hope his injury isn't too sinister.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Just had a quick look at RAWK. Blimey, every other post saying the ref cost them 3 points. I could understand the odd comment or two, but there were so many.

They always blame the refs, even when the ref does nothing wrong. The phrase “Always cheated, never defeated” was written with them in mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know what is happening to him, maybe trying to cover too much ground?.. trying to be all things to all men....
If it's that I imagine it's under instruction. I'm sure he'll work it out with Roberto. Can't complain with the number of goals we're scoring, but a clean sheet one day would be nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here