Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Taking of the away end, one of the most quiet I’d seen in recent years.

I’m in the north end of WSL so maybe masked by the better than normal home atmosphere but didn’t really hear a thing from the away end
I sit bang on the half way line in the east upper, so get a decent perception of how loud/quiet the away end vs the north are. Liverpool were very quiet.

Fortunately it wasnt very loud but thought it was very classless for them to try singing 'liverpool, liverpool, liverpool' over welcome to Alexis, but that Liverpool.

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Out of interest, because seems a little odd you’re ‘here for RDZ and Ferguson’ as a combo, why don’t you follow a club or do you and if so which one?
It is better you don't know who I follow :ROFLMAO:
But my interest in Ferguson is obviously as a big Irish football fan. Brighton gets alot of good Irish players so I keep an eye out. Also here for Moran, Mullins and hopefully you work a miracle with O Mahony. Was a big Molumby fan, felt he got unlucky here with that injury. Doing well enough now thankfully.

I love football and tactics etc so De Zerbi has been must watch for a few years now...

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I am not a Brighton fan. Here for RDZ and Ferguson but Brighton played some of the best football I have seen in the prem in the last 5 years yesterday.
It is better to watch than Man CIty who I actually find very conservative. In terms of pure enjoyment of football De Zerbi ball is number 1 in the prem at the moment. I do think teams will just refuse to press brighton soon and be far far more respectful of brighton and just sit in a low block. That will be the real test for Brighton when it comes. If that test is passed no reason why Brighton don't challenge for CL football.

Liverpool are lambs to slaughter for RDZ ball. A team that invites a press vs a team that press like maniacs. They got buzzsawed :ROFLMAO:
I suspect we will find out next week against Leicester.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
By my estimations the starting 11 yesterday cost us about £34m.

If ever we have a game where Estupinan isnt playing we could be looking at a starting 11 that costs less than £20m.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is better you don't know who I follow :ROFLMAO:
But my interest in Ferguson is obviously as a big Irish football fan. Brighton gets alot of good Irish players so I keep an eye out. Also here for Moran, Mullins and hopefully you work a miracle with O Mahony. Was a big Molumby fan, felt he got unlucky here with that injury. Doing well enough now thankfully.

I love football and tactics etc so De Zerbi has been must watch for a few years now...
Get yourself an Albion Membership, and come join the party then! All welcome, and we have a rich pedigree of Irish players past and present. My in laws on the Emerald Isle keep an eye out for us since I married into the family, and love our Irish connections similarly. Albeit seems to be standard in the south that you’re either Man Utd or Liverpool, no other clubs exist to support in the PL! ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect we will find out next week against Leicester.
I look forward to seeing the ball being rolled back and forth underneath players’ feet on the edge of the Leicester penalty area and Leicester fans going mental at their players - “Get into them”

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
I am going for a glory hunting Liverpool, United or Celtic fan :wink:
No, no and def no. I am actually a Leeds fan last 35 years so not a glory hunter. Obviously support our own club here who aren't even in top division atm but an Irish fan above all. Been a horrible 20 years mostly so the glory hunter comment has made me bite 🤣

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Liverpool are lambs to slaughter for RDZ ball. A team that invites a press vs a team that press like maniacs. They got buzzsawed :ROFLMAO:
Ironic really given ‘Klopp ball’ has been largely the inspiration for ‘RDZ ball’ by his own admission - comparable styles when Liverpool have under Klopp, played well in the past with gegenpressing football and aggressive counterattacks - problem is, Liverpool have not been playing ‘Klopp ball’ recently and haven’t for a while. Yesterday, they were bumbling at the back, headless chickens in midfield and apart from a few breaks from Salah, who was repeatedly blocked by an impressive Colwill, (and Gakpo who frankly didnt look worth the £40m they paid for him) were a shadow of the team they were last season. Faced with a team that simply refused to let them get into the game with our very quickly winning back possession with every ball conceded, they never found a way into the match. We were too brilliant and they were too shite tbf 🤷‍♂️
do think teams will just refuse to press brighton soon and be far far more respectful of brighton and just sit in a low block. That will be the real test for Brighton when it comes. If that test is passed no reason why Brighton don't challenge for CL football.
I think that was us parking the bus in the first few seasons in top flight 😉but this has been happening already for a while against us now as we have improved and when we’ve faced teams of less quality - especially at home - eg. the Villa match in November and Forest in October spring to mind for me as examples of teams happy to park the bus. I also do think we are already developing a useful system to break through these low blocks though with our technical skills in the final 3rd - simply getting numbers of players forward, lots of one-touch, short-passing, space-finding bursts of speed, and with Mitoma’s runs off the ball one side and March the other, creating plenty of opportunities to get between the lines and break up the defensive shape. Ferguson’s addition to the line up will only add to that penetrating style making it a lot easier for us in this area of the game.(IMO!)

Last edited:

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Ironic really given ‘Klopp ball’ has been largely the inspiration for ‘RDZ ball’ by his own admission - comparable styles when Liverpool have under Klopp, played well in the past with gegenpressing football and aggressive counterattacks - problem is, Liverpool have not been playing ‘Klopp ball’ recently and haven’t for a while. Yesterday, they were bumbling at the back, headless chickens in midfield and apart from a few breaks from Salah, who was repeatedly blocked by an impressive Colwill, (and Gakpo who frankly didnt look worth the £40m they paid for him) were a shadow of the team they were last season. Faced with a team that simply refused to let them get into the game with our very quickly winning back possession with every ball conceded, they never found a way into the match. We were too brilliant and they were too shite tbf 🤷‍♂️

I think that was us in the first few seasons in top flight 😉but this has been happening already for a while against as we have improved and when we’ve faced teams of less quality - especially at home - eg. the Villa match in November and Forest in October spring to mind for me as examples of teams happy to park the bus. I also do think we are already developing a useful system to break through these low blocks though with our technical skills in the final 3rd - simply getting numbers of players forward, lots of one-touch, short-passing, space-finding bursts of speed, and with Mitoma’s runs off the ball one side and March the other, creating plenty of opportunities to get between the lines and break up the defensive shape. Ferguson’s addition to the line up will only add to that penetrating style making it a lot easier for us in this area of the game.(IMO!)
There are def similarities out of possession but in possession Liverpool tempo is more sustained until lately at least. Brighton like to use tempo changes in possession and rotations so teams are constanly not finding any comfort in the rhythm of the game. Like slowing a team down and then suddenly playing super sharp football must be maddening to play against. Its amazing to watch. Liverpool were demoralised in every phase of the game yesterday. the only pity about yesterday was end product especially from March and Mitoma. I know they both were mostly brilliant and March scored twice but the next level for Brighton is being ruthless when you are dominant. I felt Mitoma especially needed to release quicker or at least get his head up. For all the dominance at HT it was 0-0.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Taking of the away end, one of the most quiet I’d seen in recent years.

I’m in the north end of WSL so maybe masked by the better than normal home atmosphere but didn’t really hear a thing from the away end
I think they sensed it from the off. As did we. Literally 40mseconds in you could see how the game was going to pan out. Long way to go for a shellacking

BLFarris

Big Lad
Jan 26, 2021
Good pass. Assist is pushing it a bit as Solly had a lot to do! Disappointed with his first half effort but wow - to be playing upfront on your own in the PL and absolutely holding his own. What a start.
Good pass yes, but also a great assist as without Ferguson's skill and vision Solly would not have been in the position to strike such a fabulous finish. Credit where it's due from my view.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think they sensed it from the off. As did we. Literally 40mseconds in you could see how the game was going to pan out. Long way to go for a shellacking
Spoke to a couple of their fans in the coach park who were complimentary as to how we had shown them up, the realisation that they wouldn’t be home till midnight after that had just started to sink in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here