Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
My god Dalgleish is a miserable sh1te.

Dalglish always a miserable git, at least he's finally managed to learn English so can just about inderstand him!!!!

Dalglish was extremely uncomfortable during that interview. Stating how good liverpool were smacks of desperation especially as they have 'bounced back' from sunday. That was a bigger result for them than they are letting on and they know that they only just got away with it. No complaints with the result after the 1st half though. They were clinical when it was required. However, we were utterly brilliant 2nd half and outclassed them. Very proud.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Phew.

Seen dozens of worse teams in the Prem than Brighton were tonight."

- Liverpool fan :thumbsup:

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
To be honest, it was the second best result for us. No extra time, gave ourselves a very good showing, and will have given ourselves a load of confidence playing against Liverpool like that. Anyon else worried about CMS? The longer he goes without scoring, the more ít'll start to play on his mind...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Absolutely fantastic performance by the lads and we can hold our heads up high.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
To be honest, it was the second best result for us. No extra time, gave ourselves a very good showing, and will have given ourselves a load of confidence playing against Liverpool like that. Anyon else worried about CMS? The longer he goes without scoring, the more ít'll start to play on his mind...

we don't play to his strengths we play to slow for him.....Here goes i'm going to get shot but i would rather have Murry up front

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
liverpool were top drawer early doors and we were great in the second half... a very good game to watch and am not unhappy with the result ...
no one will relish coming to The Amex after that performance
lets hope we can repeat it against leeds ...if so we will stuff them and i will be watching online!!!!!

very impressed with tonight as has been said perhaps the first half was nerves but the possession play in the second half was quality , vicente showed his talent and can only be welcomed all in all lets hope it can be taken forward into the league , as for cms he will score and others will if he doesnt .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

I though CMS had a good game. Cleared 2 off the line, made a nusance of himself against Carragher, drew the Liverpool defence about so it gave us plenty of space in the second half. CMS will always get goals and never ever goes missing, unlike Murray.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's amazing that Noone, Buckley, LuaLua and Vicente all managed to shine in the one game.

Buckley looked terrifying, Vicente looked fiendishly clever and Noone and KLL showed lightening pace.

I've never been so happy about a defeat, We lost and I can't stop smiling it was amazing to watch.

Well done lads. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought Dalgleish was a tad ungracious tonight - not like him. He's a dour so-and-so, but he's not usually so reluctant to say anything good about the opposition.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought Dalgleish was a tad ungracious tonight - not like him. He's a dour so-and-so, but he's not usually so reluctant to say anything good about the opposition.

That's weird, on radio Sussex they said Dalgleish was highly complimentary of the Albion.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It went to par, I think we expected to lose 1-2 or 1-3. A typical Albion performance with a depleted squad. I was disappointed though. Something about the woodwork though at the north end.

Both sides looked nervous in the first half. In the second half Carragher made all the right decisions in the Liverpool defence.

I could not understand why the dangerous Buckley was played on the left as the final ball was not good enough against a top Premier side.

Dick Kuyt was MOM. I like the player. But something like a dangerous snake in the best laid plans. Not Vincete, not Bellamy. it is Kazenga Lua lua. His change of direction is something that will unhinge any team. Encouraging.

All told, encouraging. |If we get players in their right positions playing to their strengths, the opponents will be up against it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here