Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A game of 2 halves and I reckon we were more dominant in the second than they were in the first but hey ho

Buckley has awesome 0-60 acceleration.

Noony was his normal get under their feet nuisance

Vincelot was everywhere once doing a move that would bring cheers on strictly

Lacked anything creative in midfield in my opinion ... Noony drifting in too much

I thought CMS was inconspicuous - didn't get much service and didn't hassle in his normal way

Scousers were amazingly quick .. seemed every time Noone or Buckley received a ball they were surrounded Alamo fashion

Great night though ... typical Cup game they shaded it and looked classier but not a great deal in it

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Nice comment from a Liverpool supporter on youtube
"Top respect to the Brighton boys.

Their future is looking awesome. If I were a Brighton fan, I'd be well excited about the future. New stadium that is MINT. A very, very, very good manager in Gus Poyet. A fan base that is ever-swelling & increasing. Good owners & a team of players who play attractive, classy football.

Your future is limitless. Let it take you where you want.

Good luck in the league lads.

Hopefully we will get to play one another in the Premier League next season."

YNWA

comfortablynumb1975x

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very encouraging. Played some good stuff in the second half especially, Vicente, Noone, Buckley, LuaLua all looked threatening and Vincelot looks like a great signing. Vicente when match fit and if he stays fit will have a massive impact. The future is bright...

However, according to the shower of shite that is Supersport, we have changed our name to Brighton and Albion Hove. When did that happen? How are you supposed to sing that when we really do become the greatest team the world has ever seen? ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Liverpool are a class act both on and off the field. For 45 minutes we were outclassed, outplayed by them on the field and outsung by them off it. I was proud we gave it a good go in the 2nd half and Liverpool knew they'd been in a game. A great night at the Amex and shows how good EPL football would be, should give the players further motivation of what this season could lead to if we continue our good start.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I thought we were played off the park in the first half and were very lucky to be only 1 nil down; 2nd half was completely different story we showed them what we can do (I do think Liverpool sat back and waited for the counter - which is what they got) but we passed well and had some good chances :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many changes will Liverpool make against Wolves?

Both full backs. they will have to play 4-4-2 so Kuyt and Maxi will be replaced by Downing and Henderson.

My betting Caroll will replace Bellamy. Five changes like us?

PS:

5. Jose Reina
34. Martin Kelly
23. Jamie Carragher
37. Martin Skrtel
3. Sanchez Jose Enrique
14. Jordan Henderson
21. Leiva Lucas
26. Charlie Adam
19. Stewart Downing
9. Andy Carroll
7. Luis Suarez
SUBS
32. Alexander Doni (GK)
8. Steven Gerrard
16. Sebastian Coates
18. Dirk Kuyt
20. Jay Spearing
38. Jon Flanagan
39. Craig Bellamy

Six changes

On Radio Five Live

Simon Cox not on the bench for Wolves.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought we were played off the park in the first half and were very lucky to be only 1 nil down; 2nd half was completely different story we showed them what we can do (I do think Liverpool sat back and waited for the counter - which is what they got) but we passed well and had some good chances :)

We had a bad 25 minutes (when we didn't press) against Liverpool and Leeds. But I don't think it is best to press for the whole game as it is too tiring and frustrating. Defending has to be better though. We played better against Leeds who tried to make us play the ball long.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many changes will Liverpool make against Wolves?

Both full backs. they will have to play 4-4-2 so Kuyt and Maxi will be replaced by Downing and Henderson.

My betting Caroll will replace Bellamy. Five changes like us?

PS:

5. Jose Reina
34. Martin Kelly
23. Jamie Carragher
37. Martin Skrtel
3. Sanchez Jose Enrique
14. Jordan Henderson
21. Leiva Lucas
26. Charlie Adam
19. Stewart Downing
9. Andy Carroll
7. Luis Suarez
SUBS
32. Alexander Doni (GK)
8. Steven Gerrard
16. Sebastian Coates
18. Dirk Kuyt
20. Jay Spearing
38. Jon Flanagan
39. Craig Bellamy

Six changes

On Radio Five Live

Simon Cox not on the bench for Wolves.

Kelly played against the Albion so both Liverpool and Brighton only made five changes. I'd sooner have Iñigo Calderón than Kelly.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Belated but I got the lowdown on a Liverpool fans view. He managed to get a place in a Executive Suite and he also managed to get a ticket through Amex.

He thought that Liverpool had a distinct edge in awareness, speed of thought and were easily the best side. Well, I asked. He tends to be like that though. Likes to feel superior. I thought Albion made a better fist of it than Man United did at Anfield and they pinched a draw.

Q: did the Liverpool game erode our confidence? Or was it the attitude of resignation that we got beat by a better team? I thought we were lacking in the spine of our side, mostly the central midfield, so crucial for 4-3-3. We tried to match them at their own game, which happens to be ours as well. Any other team would have out an extra man in midfield like Sunderland and Leicester against us.

Still not sure about Liverpool this year. I would have thought they would challenge, but they are still dropping points at home like us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here