Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is what the argus reckon.

So Maxi and Kuyt ostensibly wingers and Buckley and Noone wingers. It is not far off the Albion side, I would have picked, just that I put in a central midfielder Dicker, instead of CMS. But CMS can fetch and carry and I would want a hard working player in the centre of midfield anyway.

So it is the team I would play. We will win now, or at least give it our best shot.

Dicker was put in by me to counteract Lucas; but Lucas is not in the Liverpool team (according to the Argus).

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Really finding it hard to call this one. I will be listening to the radio and watching highlights on BBC1 at 11.20pm. Come on the Seagulls.

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Hello again Brighton fans.It seems today is day of truth for both our clubs,you are playing Liverpool (or as someone are saying Loserpool) and we are facing Barca (or Farca as you wish).So we will see how our clubs are really worth.Nice thing is that I will have Brighton on TV here,as we have cable tv station that will broadcast this match (they do all Premier league too,and all this Cup matches).When this match finish,those that are not at Amex can switch to VCF-Barca match,there will be plenty streams on net,match starts at 10 P.M (spanish time,I don't know is it 9 or 8 in England,anyway,half hour before Brighton match ends).Good luck!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hello again Brighton fans.It seems today is day of truth for both our clubs,you are playing Liverpool (or as someone are saying Loserpool) and we are facing Barca (or Farca as you wish).So we will see how our clubs are really worth.Nice thing is that I will have Brighton on TV here,as we have cable tv station that will broadcast this match (they do all Premier league too,and all this Cup matches).When this match finish,those that are not at Amex can switch to VCF-Barca match,there will be plenty streams on net,match starts at 10 P.M (spanish time,I don't know is it 9 or 8 in England,anyway,half hour before Brighton match ends).Good luck!

Valencia Barcelona is on Sky Sports tonight (they show about 99% of Barcelona and Real Madrid games all season), so no need for internet streams!

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Last night I was hoping for a close match, but instead saw the gulf in class between championship and premiership reserves. I just hope we're not dead and buried by half time.

If we are, would it be such a bad thing with Friday on the horizon? Take Leeds last night, second half, they hardly broke sweat and took two of their key players off after about 1o minutes to keep them as fresh as possible.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm expecting the line-ups to be along the lines of:
Ankergren
Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Tarrico/Vincelot (Thinking he could possibly accommodate at LB)
Buckley
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Noone
CMS
Barnes
------------------
Reina
Flanagan
Coates
Carragher
Enrique
Bellamy
Gerrard
Lucas
Kuyt
Suarez
Carroll

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
If we are, would it be such a bad thing with Friday on the horizon? Take Leeds last night, second half, they hardly broke sweat and took two of their key players off after about 1o minutes to keep them as fresh as possible.

League is definitely more important and winning on friday is definitely more important than winning tonight i hope we save our best 11 for fri. I feel people are getting their hopes up about getting a result tonight though, i just hope it's not a drubbing. At least this fixture pile up is at the beginning of the season.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i hope carroll plays... he's a donkey. i think we're going to win with something to spare... liverpool seem super complacent at the moment, i think kenny d has been found out a bit, they've spent badly and are now stuck with a 35 million donkey up front.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
League is definitely more important and winning on friday is definitely more important than winning tonight i hope we save our best 11 for fri. I feel people are getting their hopes up about getting a result tonight though, i just hope it's not a drubbing. At least this fixture pile up is at the beginning of the season.

With the League you can a second bit at the cherry, so for today, the Carling Cup is most important.

If Nooney scores it will raise the roof.

Liverpool FC: Brighton winger Craig Noone remembers tiling Steven Gerrards roof - Chester Chronicle

Looks a bit leaky to me:

Liverpool star Steven Gerrard's gym is so big it has its own postcode - Telegraph

Gerrard spent 15 months to build his dream House | StevenGerrard.net

I think he will hit the post. Will the ball go in?

Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hi everyone. Nothing to add to this thread, other than I'm bloody excited. :D :D :D

I guess Dick's bar is open now right until kick off? Might go in half an hour...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
i hope carroll plays... he's a donkey. i think we're going to win with something to spare... liverpool seem super complacent at the moment, i think kenny d has been found out a bit, they've spent badly and are now stuck with a 35 million donkey up front.

I hope you're right, but can't see that if we do win, it wouldn't be anything other than nail biting and tension filled, certainly not with anything to spare!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Any Albion fans watching this in New York? If so where

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
May as well get this in...

Cup Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 1
Liverpool wins - 2
Draws - 0
Brighton goals - 4
Liverpool goals - 6

Cup Results at Brighton
FA Cup

30.01.1991 r4r Brighton 2-3 Liverpool
29.01.1984 r4 Brighton 2-0 Liverpool
05.02.1908 r2r Brighton 0-3 Liverpool
League Cup
This is the first meeting in the League Cup at Brighton.

Head-to-head
  • This will be their first meeting in more than 20 years - the last one in January 1991 ended in a 3-2 FA Cup third-round victory for Liverpool.
  • Their only previous meeting in the League Cup was a third-round tie in October 1985 which Liverpool won 4-0 - Kenny Dalglish scored their fourth.
  • Liverpool have 11 wins and Brighton four from their previous 23 encounters.
Brighton
  • The Seagulls have lost just once this season and are yet to be beaten at the Amex in a competitive game.
  • They have not conceded a goal in the Carling Cup so far this season.
  • They were knocked out in the first round last season by Northampton, who went on to beat Liverpool in the third round.
Liverpool
  • Liverpool have won the competition seven times - more than any other club.
  • Kenny Dalglish's side have not been further than the fifth round since 2004-5 when they lost to Chelsea in the final.
  • The Reds have won 119 of 206 matches in League Cup history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here