Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Team I wanted to see, good stuff.

We won't see Lamptey, but is great to reintegrate him back into a match day squad and get him back into the routine and mind set etc. Feel we've done this with a few players in the past as well. A good benefit of a larger subs bench.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Absolute bullshit that the club can't appeal to the league to move it to Monday evening, or didn't, if they could have (I'm not sure which). So so frustrating when this happens

Happy with Sunday a pleasant traffic free drive down, arrived Mill Road at 1110 straight in straight on a bus,
No crowds in the shop, stands open at 12 no problem with Covid pass ( took about 10 seconds)
Sat in seat at 12:10

Only complaint no cold soft drinks in ESU all room temperature…. Manager said fridges are not good!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Absolute bullshit that the club can't appeal to the league to move it to Monday evening, or didn't, if they could have (I'm not sure which). So so frustrating when this happens
We are playing Swansea on Wednesday. I doubt we would like Monday and Wednesday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Possibly the strongest Albion XVIII of all time, now that Lamptey's on the bench.
Who will get turned over with relative ease.

Were losse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like that line up.

I remember our first away game in the PL when Leicester ripped us apart with Mahrez scoring ( or maybe making the goal) very early on. Went with so much enthusiasm, came back totally deflated. I think a Leicester journalist declared that the Albion performance that day was “the worst I’ve ever seen from a Premier League team”

Let’s make today the day we get our first win against them in the PL :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Traffic is a disaster.

You have to ask yourself if it’s because of the 7,000 students moving into halls on the University Of Sussex campus, Race For Life at Stanmer Park, The London to Brighton bike ride meaning Coldean lane is closed or just the fact we are playing a little Premier League game today that could see us go 2nd?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like that line up.

I remember our first away game in the PL when Leicester ripped us apart with Mahrez scoring ( or maybe making the goal) very early on. Went with so much enthusiasm, came back totally deflated. I think a Leicester journalist declared that the Albion performance that day was “the worst I’ve ever seen from a Premier League team”

Let’s make today the day we get our first win against them in the PL :thumbsup:

In a way the loss of Gross ain’t too bad, LCFC have pace for the counter everywhere. Demarai Gray highlighted a gaping vulnerability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Traffic is a disaster.

You have to ask yourself if it’s because of the 7,000 students moving into halls on the University Of Sussex campus, Race For Life at Stanmer Park, The London to Brighton bike ride meaning Coldean lane is closed or just the fact we are playing a little Premier League game today that could see us go 2nd?

On the plus side:-

We've got loads of space in the stadium.

There's definitely an Albion v Halifax at the Goldstone vibe about the place.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In a way the loss of Gross ain’t too bad, LCFC have pace for the counter everywhere. Demarai Gray highlighted a gaping vulnerability.

I worry about set-pieces.

Moder is the only player close to Groß for quality corner delivery. Maybe Tross.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If we happen to be 1 nil down with 15 to go I'd be very tempted to chuck Tariq on as Leicester will tire towards the end, nice option to have again, hopefully that scenario won't be needed but it's great to see Tariq and Super Dan back in contention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here