Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure a bit cloudy later counts as the most horrific weather I've ever encountered but just be careful out there.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So despite the weather warning and no doubt travel chaos I’m really looking forward to this and it’s a really big and special day for us as it’s my two sons first Albion match.

I can still vividly remember my first game over 32 years ago despite the fact it was an inglorious 2.1 defeat to Port Vale!

Weather warning :ffsparr: its going to rain a bit - put a coat on!

That's not a dig at you btw - more at the fact that a warning has been issued for a bit of rain

Shame the game wasn't yesterday though with the glorious weather

As for the game... Its a very intriguing one with us at home and Leicester not having had the best start and having played on weds. Feel it could go either way - depends who starts well and takes control of the game. Bookies finding it hard to call too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We will need to start putting in better performances over 90 mins to beat teams like Leicester. Our points total is flattering us considering how poor we have been for large parts. Deceiving.

Most definitely. We haven't reached the heights football wise, that we reached last season, but maybe today's the day ? I do worry about the speed of Leicester on the break though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Weather warning :ffsparr: its going to rain a bit - put a coat on!

That's not a dig at you btw - more at the fact that a warning has been issued for a bit of rain

Shame the game wasn't yesterday though with the glorious weather

As for the game... Its a very intriguing one with us at home and Leicester not having had the best start and having played on weds. Feel it could go either way - depends who starts well and takes control of the game. Bookies finding it hard to call too.
Leicester played Thursday, which gives added weight to your point. They have better players, but have been misfiring so far. Söyüncü and Vestergaard are vulnerable if you can run at them, quick 1-2s, which is what I expect Potter to encourage. They are missing Justin, Fofana and Evans from their best defence. 1-1.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Remember when we played them before and Lampty stayed back to stop there quick breaks. Dont know who will do that job today

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Remember when we played them before and Lampty stayed back to stop there quick breaks. Dont know who will do that job today

Good news is it won't be Gross.

tumblr_inline_nwkks7XOUM1s3enod_400.gif

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My buttered toast slipped gently away from my adequately sized plate this morning, the usual 1.443 seconds passed away as I watched it slam into the floor with thoughts of despair that I'd have to now make another slice! But no for some unfathomable reason the heavily loaded one side slice of toast landed butter side up.

There's only one conclusion I can take from this very unusual occurrence and that's it's about time we turned Leicester over.

2-0.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A win today would be a surprise to most of the PL and to me. Most likely is that we get put back in our place as another dream of “kicking on” in the PL turns sour.

Let me be wrong, I am enjoying being a top six team :smile:

Losing to Leicester wouldn't turn our dream of 'kicking on' sour, not by any means. 'Kicking on' this season doesn't have to mean CL qualification, or even any of the lesser European competitions. 10th. to 12th. would indeed be 'kicking on' quite nicely - and is perfectly compatible with losing to Leicester.

A draw would be a very good result today though - Leicester's way of playing makes them one of the best at playing against us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Albion 0 - 3 Leicester, our early season ballon being popped with a bang as the foxes take their customary win at a canter.

Hope I’m wrong, but it’s Leicester and we never seem to turn up agains them. What’s more, we usually give them a helping hand. Is Propper returning for one last calamity pass? Burn back to ensure he gets roasted? :tantrum:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Losing to Leicester wouldn't turn our dream of 'kicking on' sour, not by any means. 'Kicking on' this season doesn't have to mean CL qualification, or even any of the lesser European competitions. 10th. to 12th. would indeed be 'kicking on' quite nicely - and is perfectly compatible with losing to Leicester.

A draw would be a very good result today though - Leicester's way of playing makes them one of the best at playing against us.

Disagree, we need to win a few home games against higher placed teams to boost player confidence in their ability to be able to do it. Sure as eggs we’ll get turned over at home a few times by relegation teams or get away with a draw. Turning the Amex into a place where teams don’t want to come would be my interpretation of “kicking on”. Accepting defeat as the norm or celebrating a draw against top teams is just defeatist and a path to a relegation struggle.

This is our 5th season at this level, we need to raise our sights

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disagree, we need to win a few home games against higher placed teams to boost player confidence in their ability to be able to do it. Sure as eggs we’ll get turned over at home a few times by relegation teams or get away with a draw. Turning the Amex into a place where teams don’t want to come would be my interpretation of “kicking on”. Accepting defeat as the norm or celebrating a draw against top teams is just defeatist

Yes, of course we do, and we did last season (our failing was not putting away lesser teams) and no doubt we will occasionally do so this season too. But in terms of 'kicking on', Leicester is not a 'must win'. A win would be great, of course - but losing will not derail our 'kicking on' - in fact it won't derail anything. We'll just be on 9 points from 5 games - definately evidence of ''kicking on from last season!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, of course we do, and we did last season (our failing was not putting away lesser teams) and no doubt we will occasionally do so this season too. But in terms of 'kicking on', Leicester is not a 'must win'. A win would be great, of course - but losing will not derail our 'kicking on' - in fact it won't derail anything. We'll just be on 9 points from 5 games - definately evidence of ''kicking on from last season!
Last line should be 'kicking on', not ''kicking on - sorry, edit function still not working so couldn't go in and correct typo.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Browsing a Leicester fan forum there's a good amount of respect for us and a fair chunk of pessimism about themselves at the moment. I put 2-1 Leicester in the predictor, but interesting to see the lack of confidence among a number of their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here