Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He always gives his all, cant fault him for effort, link up play is often pretty good too... but his finishing has become woeful and it was again today.

Think that's a pretty decent analysis. It was his hassling of the 2 defenders that panicked them to lose the ball for Wellbeck's goal. Yes Wellbeck was brilliant but Maupay did the dirty work.

Think all the team could do with shooting practise /composure training....

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Ever thought about the psychology behind predictions?

Perhaps a bit too complex for you ��

Can't say that I have although I'm guessing that in general with such polls most fans will likely be more optimistic towards their own team's chances than the opposite

Mind you a lifetime of watching Leeds and Brighton (in that order!) can definitely skew yer thinking!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't say that I have although I'm guessing that in general with such polls most fans will likely be more optimistic towards their own team's chances than the opposite

Mind you a lifetime of watching Leeds and Brighton (in that order!) can definitely skew yer thinking!

I put us to lose, to manage my own expectations! 😂
But I do believe in unlucky grounds, so felt we’d do well.....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ve just had a peep at one of the Leeds forum, as I was interested to see if they had any remarks regarding Ben White. There wasn’t much, save to say they’d played so badly they made him look like Roberto Carlos. Seems a little dismissive of his magnificent 50-60 yard runs into the box.

:)

I did find this gem though...

“On reflection I think Brighton were always gonna be up for both Leeds games. Potter took some real flack from Leeds supporters when he refused to let Ben White join permanently. I remember writing on this very forum that 'Potter won't get the best out of White, Bielsa made him the player he is and he'll fail miserably under Potter.' I know a lot of fans wrote similar derogatory remarks about Potter, Brighton and White. He's got his own back ain't he”?

Yes. Yes he has.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I can see why people get annoyed with our forwards, but they're doing a different job compared to a forward from the seventies. You can't fault the work rate from Maupay and Trossard and I can see we need to add a few goals in those positions. I'll stick my neck out and say they'll have twenty goals between them next season. Crowds will be back, we'll push on, Leeds will struggle, as will palllllace and burnley. We could be looking at tenth or ninth.

People will still moan.

Agree. We’re moving very well going forward now. Goals will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
What a lovely, lovely evening - fully deserved three points - great performance, apart from the finishing as usual. Pleased for all of the squad and staff. Would love it if a few of those below us fail to win their next games and we could win again against Wolves. Dunky immense as usual and many, many positives. Great game from BDB, class pen for once and superb Welbz finish. I like Maups and pray he can score a couple before season end because his work-rate and pressing do bring benefits. Well played GP

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
I’ve just had a peep at one of the Leeds forum, as I was interested to see if they had any remarks regarding Ben White. There wasn’t much, save to say they’d played so badly they made him look like Roberto Carlos. Seems a little dismissive of his magnificent 50-60 yard runs into the box.

:)

I did find this gem though...

“On reflection I think Brighton were always gonna be up for both Leeds games. Potter took some real flack from Leeds supporters when he refused to let Ben White join permanently. I remember writing on this very forum that 'Potter won't get the best out of White, Bielsa made him the player he is and he'll fail miserably under Potter.' I know a lot of fans wrote similar derogatory remarks about Potter, Brighton and White. He's got his own back ain't he”?

Yes. Yes he has.

I honestly don't think GP gives a toss what dirty leeds fans say.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am relieved that we are all but secure again this season... and beating Leeds to get there was a real bonus (after the bad behaviour of a minority of their supporters last Summer)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fantastic game and result. How can anyone not value this feeling is beyond me. We are also 1 point behind Palace, It is possible to have both worlds isn't it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Great result. Great day. Another year in the Prem. Everyone enjoy it :albion2:

I don’t think anyone would have predicted a five year stay when we got promoted. What’s even better is I honestly can’t see anything changing anytime soon, unless it’s for the better.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I very rarely watch MOTD, but just tuned into see our win.

Welbeck was quality. Receiving heaps of praise from Wrighty,

Welbeck was great but highlights also showed Trossard's quality contribution, which a lot of our fans seem to fail to notice.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think anyone would have predicted a five year stay when we got promoted. What’s even better is I honestly can’t see anything changing anytime soon, unless it’s for the better.

I didn’t think that far ahead, just one season at a time. With just £60m spent in summer 2017, when the likes of Stains and CP had years to build up their squads, an immediate relegation was likely.

With a couple of quality signings, I agree.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great result to wake up to, have read the Sporting Life commentry, who reckoned it should have been 4 goals, read through the match thread and look forward to the replay later. Just texted Leeds supporter mate who now owes me a pint. That's 2 pints this season I reminded him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here