Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Massive 3 points. All of a sudden we're looking good for staying up again.

Andone HAS to start every game from now. We probably wouldn't be in this position if he had been throughout the season.

I would like your post several times if that was possible - exactly as I have stated on a few occasions !

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
down.png

We were terrible and dodged a bullet thanks to the Andone sub. Hughton’s tactics of playing direct football with little pace to hurt teams is baffling. Stephens is as near end of road as Murray and Propper needs to take over deep lying role

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gross is the player who can unlock a defence with a killer ball from nowhere. No one else in our team has what Gross can offer. He's far from a pedestrian. He hasn't had the best of seasons for us this year, but who has?

Hasn’t really done it this season has he? And I totally disagree about not having anyone else who can deliver a killer ball, did you not see Bissouma’s pass to set Murray up when it seemed like Glenn then sank in to sand?!

I still think Gross is a good player and important part of the squad and to be honest I’d rather Bissouma started deeper when he can break forward and start attacks, but I do also think he is already a better player than Gross.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Andone might just be Ashley Barnes 2.0. Would have had a second goal with a snap shot but for a terrific save by their keeper.

Love him - He’s an absolute SCRAPPER, with a bit more class than old Barnesey.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think there'll be bids for Bissouma in the Summer- he has shown enough already for top teams to be sniffing around.

His play in the final 3rd still needs work. Today he was looking for the pass more than the shot which was encouraging, but he still doesn't look totally relaxed on the ball once we're putting on the pressure. Give it a few more seasons and then I bet the top clubs will come sniffing, but not yet.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hasn’t really done it this season has he? And I totally disagree about not having anyone else who can deliver a killer ball, did you not see Bissouma’s pass to set Murray up when it seemed like Glenn then sank in to sand?!

I still think Gross is a good player and important part of the squad and to be honest I’d rather Bissouma started deeper when he can break forward and start attacks, but I do also think he is already a better player than Gross.

It's like comparing Modric to Viera.

Different styled midfielders.

The Bissouma pass to Murray was pretty straight forward. It was how he created the opening which was more impressive in showing great drive running at the defence.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
We were terrible and dodged a bullet thanks to the Andone sub. Hughton’s tactics of playing direct football with little pace to hurt teams is baffling. Stephens is as near end of road as Murray and Propper needs to take over deep lying role

Agree with a lot of this.

Stephens was ok today, poor first half but better second, and better than usual but he is still a weak link for us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3 points is all that matters to me, good result

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's nice to see his booking wasn't for something nasty either.

Signs he might have learnt from his suspension.

It was quite nasty. He's still got to learn that the only appropriate celebration of a goal in the PL is an understated fist pump.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
TV commentary was saying how Stephens kept it going and was a key player.
To be fair they were only ex pros who know nothing.

Being an ex pro means absolutely nothing - see Merson, Savage, Shearer etc. And to be honest, the ones today don’t know a lot, they regularly got the players names wrong for both sides today.

A couple of times the commentator said Stephens did something and it was a completely different player. Stephens was ok today but certainly nothing special. Tony Gale is particularly dreadful.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It is likely to be an awful game between two poor teams in terrible form. I imagine it’ll be low scoring. 1-1 or 1-0 either way I reckon. The result is everything. It doesn’t matter how we play, we just need to win. My worry is that all the pressure is on us and we don’t usually perform in those circumstances.

The Complete Badger called this one spot on (as he usually does) at 12.11pm today. :bowdown:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We were poor but one minute of brilliance was the difference. I'll take the 3 points and survival but we need to be doing better against poor teams.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
It's like comparing Modric to Viera.

Different styled midfielders.

The Bissouma pass to Murray was pretty straight forward. It was how he created the opening which was more impressive in showing great drive running at the defence.

When has Gross played a killer through ball or one like Bissouma’s ‘straight forward’ one today this season. He’s not getting in the positions to do it because he’s just too slow and not as good as a Modric to counter the lack of pace and find the right positions to give him the time he clearly needs.

He obviously can deliver a good ball when he has time and his Cruyff turn is a work of art still but overall he doesn’t contribute enough to the side. Bissouma offers far more, like Andone does over Murray. We look a much better TEAM with Bissouma and Andone in the side.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
We were poor but one minute of brilliance was the difference. I'll take the 3 points and survival but we need to be doing better against poor teams.

This is the worrying thing. We got away with it today but may not be so fortunate against Saints and/or Cardiff. Nervy end of season coming up.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
When has Gross played a killer through ball or one like Bissouma’s ‘straight forward’ one today this season He’s not getting in the positions to do it because he’s just too slow and not as good as a Modric to counter the lack of pace and find the right positions to give him the time he clearly needs.

He obviously can deliver a good ball when he has time and his Cruyff turn is a work of art still but overall he doesn’t contribute enough to the side. Bissouma offers far more, like Andone does over Murray. We look a much better TEAM with Bissouma and Andone in the side.

Even so we won today, I thought the midfield played a lot better against Leicester whilst Gross was playing.

When has Gross played a killer through ball or one like Bissouma’s ‘straight forward’ one today this season.

Last Tuesday. a sublime back heel which put it on a plate for Murray who smashed it into the back row. Had Murray scored that, you could argue that would've been the assist of the season for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here