Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gerrard clears an Ulloa shot

apparently it was Clarke clearing Spanish Dave's shot from a yard out :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Vaughan booked for smacking El-Abd :lolol:

Ulloa has a shot kicked off the line.......getting closer!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
why has the Albion announcer got a scouse accent

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have sympathy up to a point but the Grounds Regs aren't rocket science so if you continually stand then there will most likely be only one outcome. The stewards are only there to ensure that the Ground Regs are observed and most stewards are aren't looking for any aggro but have to act if there is blatant provocation. I wonder if the stewards asked the punters nicely / then warned them (more than once?) / then were left with no option but to eject the punters, especially if they got abusive.

I could understand if it was some pokey old fashioned ground with crap seats and no leg room but The Amex has the best seats and loads of leg room - so why can't punters just enjoy the footie and channel their angst into supporting the team? I mainly stand at away grounds until the stewards insist otherwise, often they don't. Too many punters thrive on confrontation especially when they've had a drink. At the end of the day I'm there to enjoy the footie so chill out and enjoy the game.

Stands well back and awaits flaming.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have sympathy up to a point but the Grounds Regs aren't rocket science so if you continually stand then there will most likely be only one outcome. The stewards are only there to ensure that the Ground Regs are observed and most stewards are aren't looking for any aggro but have to act if there is blatant provocation. I wonder if the stewards asked the punters nicely / then warned them (more than once?) / then were left with no option but to eject the punters, especially if they got abusive.

I could understand if it was some pokey old fashioned ground with crap seats and no leg room but The Amex has the best seats and loads of leg room - so why can't punters just enjoy the footie and channel their angst into supporting the team? I mainly stand at away grounds until the stewards insist otherwise, often they don't. Too many punters thrive on confrontation especially when they've had a drink. At the end of the day I'm there to enjoy the footie so chill out and enjoy the game.

do those rules also apply to away supporters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

You are obviously stating the facts. However, why don't they act so tough against the likes of Millwall?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're doing alright considering we're missing Bridcutt and Bridge.

CMS on/Buckley off.

Come on Macca

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ulllloooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports