Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town ****Official Match Thread****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So robins thought we hadn't hurt his team that much prior to our second goal....hmmm

Personally, I don't think he's that far off. I was starting to think we could lose the game to a break away counter just before we got the second. We were playing some good football but not creating enough clear cut chances for all that possession (there were some, but not enough, not many "should have" scored chances - a barnes header, and orlandi in the first half the rest were being dealt with) - the sort of game when said break away counter attacks would lead to us conceding last season or earlier this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would be mad if an 'Udders fan, they had us in their pocket after they scored but stupidly never had more than one or two attacking, still who cares now

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally, I don't think he's that far off. I was starting to think we could lose the game to a break away counter just before we got the second. We were playing some good football but not creating enough clear cut chances for all that possession (there were some, but not enough, not many "should have" scored chances - a barnes header, and orlandi in the first half the rest were being dealt with) - the sort of game when said break away counter attacks would lead to us conceding last season or earlier this season.

2 off the line from lopez..when added to orlandi and barnes..plus enough ping pong in the box...i cudnt see us not winning personally

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Ulloa..................is it three you're looking for?

Had a tenner on 4-0 yesterday at 25/1.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 off the line from lopez..when added to orlandi and barnes..plus enough ping pong in the box...i cudnt see us not winning personally

I can only remember one off the line, which was not all that dramatic or close to going in - the defender had read the play and was in behind the goalkeeper to calmly clear it (and not off the line but from a couple of foot ahead of the line - not directed at you, but it bugs me when commentators talk about goal line clearances that are only just inside the 6 yard box).

The Barnes header where it was crossed into a crowded area and he failed to trouble the goal, or the the ball played across the box too far ahead of Barnes for him to get contact on? Orlandi could have scored from his one on on, but didn't and that was in the first half.

I would like to point out that I said "he wasn't that far off", I don't mean we didn't have any chances, but that they were definitely in the game until our second goal went in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can only remember one off the line, which was not all that dramatic or close to going in - the defender had read the play and was in behind the goalkeeper to calmly clear it (and not off the line but from a couple of foot ahead of the line - not directed at you, but it bugs me when commentators talk about goal line clearances that are only just inside the 6 yard box).

The Barnes header where it was crossed into a crowded area and he failed to trouble the goal, or the the ball played across the box too far ahead of Barnes for him to get contact on? Orlandi could have scored from his one on on, but didn't and that was in the first half.

I would like to point out that I said "he wasn't that far off", I don't mean we didn't have any chances, but that they were definitely in the game until our second goal went in.

Lol....ok not off the line but the lunge by the defender saved a certain goal and it had beaten the goalie anyway it all goes back to Robins comment...he seems a decent guy though...yes they were in the game because it was one all...but they weren't threatening our goal really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here