Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Grimsby Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well that was a pleasant stress free afternoon :smile:

I assume Pervis won't be travelling for the Australian friendlies now and Moisés looked like he may have taken a knock :wink:
Précisément, mon brave.

I don't ever remember a game so lacking in jeopardy.

Well, apart from Wet Sham.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know?
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world, is a new world
And a bold world for me, yeah-yeah

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
We made it look easy in the end and could’ve and should’ve scored more goals. I feel like under Potter last season this is the kind of game we’d have scraped through 1 or 2-0, but now we look like scoring more goals and create so many opportunities with players all over the pitch popping up in scoring positions. Much tougher tests will follow, but you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Massive respect to the Grimsby fans who travelled in big numbers and made a lot of noise throughout the whole game, much better than Palace fans! Also thought the atmosphere was much better than against Palace which was in large part thanks to the away fans. Maybe the east stand is better for noise than the west stand as today in the east stand could even hear the Brighton fans at times which was nice.

Shame the bigwigs have screwed us over with a draw in the semifinals against Man U. All set up for a City V United final. Much better for the tv audience, the big wigs and the sponsors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the weight on the long passes had been better today we could have won 10-0. Pervis was particularly at fault.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
For those watching on TV, how close was the offside out of interest? It looked really tight from where I was in West Lower and it seemed to take VAR an age to review it?

By the way - 2 minutes of stoppage time at the end?! Laughable and actually just plain wrong. When are the FA/Premier League going to do something about it?! I know it didn’t matter today but it’s every game and fans are getting totally short changed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For those watching on TV, how close was the offside out of interest? It looked really tight from where I was in West Lower and it seemed to take VAR an age to review it?

By the way - 2 minutes of stoppage time at the end?! Laughable and actually just plain wrong. When are the FA/Premier League going to do something about it?! I know it didn’t matter today but it’s every game and fans are getting totally short changed.
Half his foot maybe, close but clear but understand why they wanted to see multiple angles probably.
Think the 2 minutes are quite understandable. Quite common that the refs give short injury time in a sportsmanslike "ok, lets just end it here, they're already dead" when a team is 5-0 up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Half his foot maybe, close but clear but understand why they wanted to see multiple angles probably.
Think the 2 minutes are quite understandable. Quite common that the refs give short injury time in a sportsmanslike "ok, lets just end it here, they're already dead" when a team is 5-0 up.
Yeah I get that about being sportsmanlike today but as I say, it’s every game and by the rules, with a long VAR delay, some injury stoppages, 4 goals and 7 subs - 2 added minutes just highlighted how the rules around stoppage time are generally a joke.

When PL games last season averaged just 54 minutes of actual ball in play time, something has to be done. The World Cup was much better and I really thought the league would follow suit.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looked clear to me in real time. Was surprised it took so long for the flag to go up, and VAR.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah I get that about being sportsmanlike today but as I say, it’s every game and by the rules, with a long VAR delay, some injury stoppages, 4 goals and 7 subs - 2 added minutes just highlighted how the rules around stoppage time are generally a joke.

When PL games last season averaged just 54 minutes of actual ball in play time, something has to be done. The World Cup was much better and I really thought the league would follow suit.
Probably different at that level, but at grassroots even going for promotion for a reasonable level one thing you could never be marked or assessed on was time keeping / added on time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here