Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Grimsby Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So (and apologies if this has been discussed - cant be bothered to look), if Sanchez handball was given (and it was very close), would he have walked? or just a free kick, as obviously it would have been accidental?
Their player was about a meter away so it would have been a straight red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Picking the ball up with two hands outside the penalty area is not considered accidental.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Need to tie Evan down to a long term contract
He is already signed until 2026 - not likely to be renegotiated before next season at the earliest.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Solid.

I'm so excited by Ferguson and what he can achieve. I'm probably more excited by him than any of our other players, he's just so good and he's only 18.

I liked the little I saw of Ayari, good feet and seems very confident. Him, Ferguson, Enciso, Colwill, Sarmiento, Buenonote all 20 or under and all getting game time. If we can keep this group of players together over the next couple of seasons we could have a hell of a ride. (yes yes, it's unlikely/not going to happen yada yada)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Any issue with man United (if they get through) playing in Europe the Thursday before?
In that case, the FA will probably move it to the Sunday.

We'll probably find out in the next few hours.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is already signed until 2026 - not likely to be renegotiated before next season at the earliest.
And probably with a +1 one year option, I would imagine.

Wouldn't rule out him signing yet another contract soon though. He's by far the most valuable player of his agency and they are of course rubbing their hands right now. Club might want to try to keep them quite happy by providing him with a new contract reflecting his new status in the team.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well the woodlouse made it out of the treacle, it wasn’t moving freely, seemed (at times) to be veering off to one side… eventually it made it home, with a tale or two to tell.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton striker Evan Ferguson to BBC One: "It's what we were looking for. We obviously wanted to go to Wembley so we had to get to the semi-finals. It wasn’t an easy game because you have to break down teams like that who sit off."

On his first goal: "It was more an instinct, it just came to me and I tried to swivel around and get the best shot off. I was lucky it went in."

On enjoying his football this season: "It's been unbelievable, playing in my first season here. Credit to the lads, they've been good to me and have encouraged me when I've played."

On whether Brighton can continue making this season special: "I think so. We’ve got the hope and the desire to get to Europe so that’s our ambition and if we can keep on going and winning games we could get there."

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ferguson is outrageous. No need to be cautious now. The guy already looks as good as a Murray or Welbeck and he is EIGHTEEN.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brighton striker Evan Ferguson to BBC One: "It's what we were looking for. We obviously wanted to go to Wembley so we had to get to the semi-finals. It wasn’t an easy game because you have to break down teams like that who sit off."

On his first goal: "It was more an instinct, it just came to me and I tried to swivel around and get the best shot off. I was lucky it went in."

On enjoying his football this season: "It's been unbelievable, playing in my first season here. Credit to the lads, they've been good to me and have encouraged me when I've played."

On whether Brighton can continue making this season special:
"I think so. We’ve got the hope and the desire to get to Europe so that’s our ambition and if we can keep on going and winning games we could get there."
not only great for Evan and great for us to have such a young goalscoring talent, but its also a great advertisement of the club to other potential young hotshots.... come to Brighton and you'll get your chance.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
A real shame and have been on their board and they're all giving it 'just a bit of paper'. There was tons of stuff landing on the pitch and one hit Gross as he was coming into the area. Proper small-time bellendery. Same with the highly predictable 'you're support is fùcking shìt' and 'is this a library' nonsense. I'm going to be charitable and say its incongruous with every Grimsby fan in met who were all totally sound so we'll have to blame it on what was likely 24 hours of drinking for most of them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here