Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Grimsby Town *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"...the game's still in the balance, Grimsby are still in this game..." - Glenn Murray on BBC1

Are we deservedly winning? Yes.

Are we in control of the game? Yes.

Is the game done yet? No.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good to see views of the ground and surrounding areas. No commentary at half time on Paramount, just highlights of the first half.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We are doing just enough. Very wasteful as usual. Couple of players having pretty poor games (Groß, Pervis, Mitoma).

We are just wearing them down, and expect will bag a couple in the second half as they tire further and lose their confidence/energy levels.

Pretty mediocre performance for me Clive

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Has someone told the team there are higher gears than 1st ?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Too busy looking for the perfect shot.
Test their goalie ffs!

And relax.
We’ll win this.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Boring game, flat atmosphere.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Well, I guess we're not Man City. Too slow from us, yes we're in control but at 1-0 it's way too close. We do need the second to put this to bed. No way we want to be going into the last 15-20 min at 1-0.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Too busy looking for the perfect shot.
Test their goalie ffs!

And relax.
We’ll win this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Saving energy - for what?! We should be 3 or 4 up by now and are boringly unaggressive - we didn’t see Citeh passing the ball around saving energy against Burnley yesterday they attacked unrelentingly - from an entertainment point of view, this is great for Grimsby fans believing they are still in the game.
Plenty of the players are going on international service and after that there's a few very intense month. Pulling a hamstring because you want to stop some Grimsby player from passing the ball to Dunk or Webster is just not that tempting, I guess.

True, Manchester City looked different. But they are both a lot better and also faced opposition that normally demands a bit more effort.
The fact we were centimetres away from being down to ten men shows you are talking nonsense.
I'll give you that if Rob Sanchez was sent off they might have had 1% chance of turning it around or something.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That was like watching a woodlouse struggle through a big pile of treacle.

We’re playing like we did at Stoke, half speed, half awake and completely within ourselves.

3/10 so far.

Dunk aside it’s just sooooooooo slow.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That was like watching a woodlouse struggle through a big pile of treacle.

We’re playing like we did at Stoke, half speed, half awake and completely within ourselves.

3/10 so far.

Dunk aside it’s just sooooooooo slow.
Dunk is having a good game but hardly tested. Pretty frustrating half all round. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Mitoma look this disinterested and I adore the guy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here