Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's really in our hands, this one, as IF we play to the best of our ability (and assume that Fulham do, too), we should have enough in the tank to beat them.
If, however, we have one of our not-so-good games, then I can see us being lucky to scrape a point. As for this 'bogey team' thing - I don't subscribe to it and I'm sure the players don't, either....at least, I would hope not.
Play well and 2 - 1 win for us. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Massive game this is potentially. Id love a win but would take a draw
Of course we could lose, but if we (hypothetically) 'take a draw' in games like this, given that we're strong favourites, we definitely wouldn't qualify for Europe. ie, to qualify, we need to be winning games like this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fulham a crazy price, 5/1 on BF, put an insurance bet on to sweeten the ruined afternoon if they come up trumps
That is bonkers. And over 3/1 the draw, with us 4/7 on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Although Fulham are a bit of a bogey team, the good news we havenā€™t lost in 9 to a newly promoted team, with a clean sheet in the last 7.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If we lose this Iā€™m closing the pub tonight.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hopefully bookies know something. Strange considering how well Fulham are playing
Not really. We are level with 2 games in hand, we are much stronger in depth. We are scoring for fun and unbeaten in 7. The bookies have this right IMO.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Such an important game - for both teams. Alyson Rudd picks up the significance in The Times.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not feeling good about today's game.
Stop with all this negativity!! Have a thought for an Albion fan who runs a Fulham pub in the heart of Fulham!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fulham are just one of those teams that seem to have a hoodoo over us, a very tight and nervous afternoon at the Amex is in store.
I think my head is saying a draw, but that hoodoo hex is hanging over my head right now...

Yours
Nervous as hell
Only more recently though ? My recollections of Championship games are us almost always winning, particularly at their place

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has the (today) been added by the journalist? I read that or similar and interpreted it as he's likely to get some game time (today), but that all depends on whether the (today) was actually what RDZ meant.

If you take out the (today) it's obvious it still means the same thing. When he says 'some part of the game, he obviously means this game today: "I would like to put him on the pitch, maybe not in the first XI but I want to let him play some part of the game."

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
It wouldnā€™t surprise me if we had a little more leniency from VAR and the officials today to ā€œmake-upā€ for last weeks howler

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Flicks through "Football cliches for beginners" : If we get behind the team from the first whistle and if we can score an early goal :facepalm:

No joking with the early goal , we will need to come out the blocks quick smart , because this lot will try and do an us on us - so for me early Seagull gets the 3 points (y)

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here