Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't wait for this. A long week of work and travel had me in bed before 10 last night but this morning I have BOUNCED out of bed in anticipation. This is a team I can't wait to see again and again.

This will be a very difficult game and is a real six pointer. A proper "middleweight clash" as @Hotchilidog said earlier this week. We may lose and a point wouldn't be a disaster but that won't be how RDZ sees it. He'll have the troops fired up and ready to undo last week's massive injustice.

Could honestly watch us play every day at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought he was talking about them playing in the game against Stoke and not today but could be wrong
Admittedly I've not watched the press conference myself, but was basing it on a press report. Maybe they have misinterpreted his words.

Either way it's great that we have 2 additional options in midfield, and that Roberto thinks they're good enough and ready to be involved.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just checked. Oh, it was Sussex Live. I thought it was a proper news outlet. Sorry.

Screenshot_20230218_092039_Chrome.jpg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can't wait for this. A long week of work and travel had me in bed before 10 last night but this morning I have BOUNCED out of bed in anticipation. This is a team I can't wait to see again and again.

This will be a very difficult game and is a real six pointer. A proper "middleweight clash" as @Hotchilidog said earlier this week. We may lose and a point wouldn't be a disaster but that won't be how RDZ sees it. He'll have the troops fired up and ready to undo last week's massive injustice.

Could honestly watch us play every day at the moment.
Juniors been blasting the Evan Ferguson song since early doors.

Massive game today, need to start putting some distance between the clubs below us as I fear Chelsea and Liverpool will start to sort themselves out

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Very important milestone along the road to Europe (or not) today. Fulham always seems to give us trouble. If we can find a solution today and bring home all three points then the team might be showing they’ve really got the cojones to stay In the top six.

So I’m expecting a draw. It’s a self preservation thing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As always nervous about today. Lets hope bookies are right because considering how well Fulham are playing 9/2 seems a very big price

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Very interesting that RDZ wants both Buonanotte and Ayari to get game time in this one. Good to have new players in the mix
It’s encouraging he has even more faith than Potter did in the talent train and I expect it won’t just be if we’re cruising for the last fifteen.

If we need something the impetuosity of youth could be quite the weapon. Both of them strike me as not short in confidence.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fulham are just one of those teams that seem to have a hoodoo over us, a very tight and nervous afternoon at the Amex is in store.
I think my head is saying a draw, but that hoodoo hex is hanging over my head right now...

Yours
Nervous as hell

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
RDZ seems impressive with Ayari....

The Albion head coach said of Ayari: “He has very big potential and has big, big quality.

“I would like to put him on the pitch (today), maybe not in the first XI but I want to let him play some part of the game.

“In my head, there is this plan and it’s the same for Facundo Buonanotte.

“Ayari is a midfielder with important technical and physical qualities. He is a complete midfielder.”

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
RDZ seems impressive with Ayari....

The Albion head coach said of Ayari: “He has very big potential and has big, big quality.

“I would like to put him on the pitch (today), maybe not in the first XI but I want to let him play some part of the game.

“In my head, there is this plan and it’s the same for Facundo Buonanotte.

“Ayari is a midfielder with important technical and physical qualities. He is a complete midfielder.”
Has the (today) been added by the journalist? I read that or similar and interpreted it as he's likely to get some game time (today), but that all depends on whether the (today) was actually what RDZ meant.

Either way. Its good news.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm looking forward to seeing Robinson play and what we do to quieten him down.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very tough game today. Would be a huge win if we can get one. Never feel confident against Fulham though

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Very tough game today. Would be a huge win if we can get one. Never feel confident against Fulham though
Was just thinking this is going to be a tough game. Fulham dont fit into the category of being a worse team we should beat, or a better team that could have an off day & be complacent against us, they'll simply be a good team who will be motivated to get the points. Each of us has quality players, it'll come down to who can maintain that quality the longest over the 90 minutes & take their chance at goal...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here