Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Ok. A draw is not a disaster. It’s going to be galling if grown men are weeping here tonight because of a draw. This is must not lose. A draw isn’t terrible for us.

However. I’m going to stick my neck out for the first time in a while in these match threads with a predicted score.

We’re going to win tonight. Hopefully no VAR nonsense, but I’ve sensed a change in the air since our Leeds victory. I think a lot of factors are converging in our favour, Mac has gone up a level and has been majestic, Tau looks fired up and wants a goal, Connolly may appear, Webster and White have been class, Sanchez has been a gem, and our captain looks back to his best.

Tonight. I believe.

3-1.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
7.30 is a weird kickoff time - it means our game overlaps / clashes with all 4 of the other games they are showing tonight (6.00 & 8.15). I guess BT just don't feel many punters will be bothering with our game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Please! Let’s not have a repeat of the horrific shit-show the last time we played Fulham. For those of you with short memories, we were 2-0 up and cruising at halftime then ended up losing 2-4 at the final whistle.

I would like to think we’ve turned the corner recently with some improved performances albeit without scoring when we should. Tonight’s game could be the most pivotal of the season (no shit Sherlock!) with a win extending the gap to the bottom three, I can’t bring myself to think about a defeat . . . . :eek:

It wasn't just the 2-0 up though.

Should have been 4 or 5 up at halftime. Murray missed a couple he would put away in his sleep and Propper hit the woodwork.

I have never been so sure of 3 pts at half time in a game, as I was at Craven Cottage in the snow that night.
Texted several Palace mates to confirm the same :facepalm:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Big game.

Fulham are playing well but so are we.

Hoping for a totally undeserved 3 pts for a change.
3 jammy goals for us - deflection, own goal and a bizarre VAR penalty for us.
and for Fulham - VAR disallowed goal (toe-nail offside ), Lookman's second horror show Panenka penalty hitting Sanchez's trailing leg as he dives the wrong way, and 5 shots hitting the inside of post and going safe.

We are due.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Big game.

Fulham are playing well but so are we.

Hoping for a totally undeserved 3 pts for a change.
3 jammy goals for us - deflection, own goal and a bizarre VAR penalty for us.
and for Fulham - VAR disallowed goal (toe-nail offside ), Lookman's second horror show Panenka penalty hitting Sanchez's trailing leg as he dives the wrong way, and 5 shots hitting the inside of post and going safe.

We are due.

No, bollocks to this, I want to see us emerging as deserved winners. To both play well and collect the 3 points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am more excited than [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] for this game

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think most of us have rightly accepted we are likely going down. As poor as we are, Fulham are no great shakes either.

I think a draw would be a decent result.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think most of us have rightly accepted we are likely going down. As poor as we are, Fulham are no great shakes either.

No, I think you doom mongers are in a room of your own. I'm not saying it's all sweetness and light, but there is no need to try and get people to join you in slitting your wrists

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I suggest you start a poll on that. I do not accept that we are likely going down but accept that we might

“We are going down” is not what most fans on here think...imo

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Eh ?

I don't rule out going down but I do think 'likely' is far too strong a prediction at this stage.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Speak for your self, there is a possibility, but to say likely with so many games to play is just plain defeatist.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

IF we win tonight and Burnley lose we move up 2 places. Newcastle are sliding down the table fast and Sheff Utd and WBA are most likely to take up 2 of the 3 relegation places......... Oh I get it, you just felt a bit lonely and wanted some attention.
I know its a big if but most on here can see what Potter and TB are trying to do.

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on lads as much as I have a small soft spot for Fulham, because of their 3 bobbies, Moore, Robson and Zamora.

I want us to put some daylight between us and a pounding being dished out would be even better.

The downside, they are playing very well at the moment and press far too much for my liking.

Sleeves rolled up stuff lads, we need a squad full of leaders tonight.

Come on the Albion.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Wtf? With Brom? Sheff Utd? Newcastle? Fulham? And outside shots Wolves?

And Who’s “us”? Most of NSC back the manager and the team to stay up (as do the bookies, more tellingly objectively speaking).

You ‘Potter out’ guys are the outliers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Come on lads as much as I have a small soft spot for Fulham, because of their 3 bobbies, Moore, Robson and Zamora.

I want us to put some daylight between us and a pounding being dished out would be even better.

The downside, they are playing very well at the moment and press far too much for my liking.

Sleeves rolled up stuff lads, we need a squad full of leaders tonight.

Come on the Albion.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

At our best we are very good at passing around/through the press.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
IF we win tonight and Burnley lose we move up 2 places. Newcastle are sliding down the table fast and Sheff Utd and WBA are most likely to take up 2 of the 3 relegation places......... Oh I get it, you just felt a bit lonely and wanted some attention.
I know its a big if but most on here can see what Potter and TB are trying to do.

[emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here