Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fine, fine words. Don’t know who said them to the Times recently but they must obviously be someone completely different to the raging hypocrite who spent most of yesterday’s game sprinting the length of the touch line, stopping only angrily to berate the fourth official.

It’s actually pretty difficult to ride a high horse while your huge, deathly grey, bald, ugly head is stuck right up your fundament:

IMG_4790.jpeg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That’s just churlish. I’m talking about keeper, not Maguire who for some reason everyone hates not because of dark arts but because don’t rate him. Pickford is an outstanding keeper and our National number one. Your reply surprises me a bit but in some ways it doesn’t. Symptomatic of the poisonous polarisation of game. When Sam Bowles died, lots of warm comments. Can you imagine in 50-60 years time when current players die? Just an outpouring of abuse probably. Never used to be this way as said. Lots of England players playing for clubs weren’t treated with such hostility. Imagine Gazza today? Just loads of abuse. Sad really. Sadder if you’re one of those type of “fans”
Where did I offer any abuse? AlI I have done is point out an inconsistency in your comment unless you also think Maguire should receive a warm welcome. Personally I don't even though he has played very well for England and is probably Southgate's first name on teamsheet.

I generally remain neutral as i think winding up opposition players can backfire. Mickey Quinn you f*t b*stard comes to mind

As regards RIP messages - Stan Bowles was a great player who I thought was outstanding and made a comment accordingly. If I have nothing to say about a player or indeed any person when an obituary comes up I don't and I certainly wouldn't demean myself to add something which detrimental.

Gazza you say, he has bit of an idiot at times (like anyone else) but hard not to like him .

Churlish - I don't think so but you are entitled to your opinion.

P.S. You also make the assumption that everyone on this forum is English...

Reactions: cjd

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any comment post match re Ferguson injury….he went straight down the tunnel..you’d think he might be a doubt for the Cup game

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fine, fine words. Don’t know who said them to the Times recently but they must obviously be someone completely different to the raging hypocrite who spent most of yesterday’s game sprinting the length of the touch line, stopping only angrily to berate the fourth official.

It’s actually pretty difficult to ride a high horse while your huge, deathly grey, bald, ugly head is stuck right up your fundament:

View attachment 177346
Cheating is acceptable but only when it's cheating he approves of. Hypocritical bell end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i think fans have too. In yonder years Pickford would been welcomed as a Englands number one, and warm applause maybe a bog roll or two.

Yesterday he just got unnecessary dogs abuse. Fans no longer have a joke or two with opposing goalies like we used to. It’s just abuse abuse and abuse. Utterly unsportsmanlike. Shame really.
The last time Everton visited us and took the lead, Pickford spent most of the game drinking or chatting to his teammates to waste time. Maybe that lead to some abuse yesterday?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think people are a bit dismissive of Dyche and by association Everton.
Seems like folk have forgotten they have had a points deduction. They're a decent mid table team and that isn't simply by being thugs. Brathwaite looks for my money the best young ball playing defender in England and they have undoubted quality in key positions (even if those players aren't the most likeable).
But for me the big thing about Dyche is this...(this goes for Emery too, although clearly Villa also have the added ££)...
The footballing world have celebrated RDZ as some kind of innovative tactical genius. Now I'm not going to argue against that. But if someone like Dyche (or Emery) appears to have worked him out, and consistently out performs him, It doesn't particularly make sense to put that simply down to a teams physical approach or time wasting etc. You have to give credit to these guys. Would I want Dyche here? Absolutely not. But I think sometimes you just have to say 'fair play'.

tldr: Yesterday was frustrating, but after the sending off the point is a very good result against a team and manager we all probably don't give enough respect.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don’t know if mentioned .. am peeved the referee/VAR didn’t look at the goal. Watch Godfrey pull on Ferguson, literally drags him ti the ground to stop him challenging to clear the 1st ball in.. it then drops to the giraffe who smacks it home. It injured Ferguson in the fall.. genuine foul not the normal grabbing that goes on at every set piece..
Having looked for it after your post - it's really clear isn't it! Maybe Ferguson should have complained a bit more - and VAR might have looked a bit more closely. Or is that what Gross got booked for?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everton have been bad for a few seasons, that including the FFP money spent, Dyche has just made them a more dire team to watch.
This opinion is there irrespective of winning losing or drawing with them.
It’s awful to watch, I totally agree, but he has a pretty awful team. I don’t think he’d change if he had better players mind, just saying there’s no point trying to play good stuff with the dross he has available to him even if he wanted to. Ancelotti was an absolute miracle worker for them.

What I would say is when our squad was equally as weak under Hughton, we were a deep block side and were pretty awful to watch when we’d go away to top sides with two banks of 5.

He’s just playing the hand he’s dealt. But, as I say, if he had better players he wouldn’t know what to do with them anyway.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Don’t know if mentioned .. am peeved the referee/VAR didn’t look at the goal. Watch Godfrey pull on Ferguson, literally drags him ti the ground to stop him challenging to clear the 1st ball in.. it then drops to the giraffe who smacks it home. It injured Ferguson in the fall.. genuine foul not the normal grabbing that goes on at every set piece..
And even more peeved having watched the Liverpool goal being chalked off.. get it’s for offside but the “foul” deemed relevant as goal scorer not challenged by player blocked ???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The last time Everton visited us and took the lead, Pickford spent most of the game drinking or chatting to his teammates to waste time. Maybe that lead to some abuse yesterday?
I’m pleased he did if so, another 10mins and we might have lost 6-1

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Where did I offer any abuse? AlI I have done is point out an inconsistency in your comment unless you also think Maguire should receive a warm welcome. Personally I don't even though he has played very well for England and is probably Southgate's first name on teamsheet.

I generally remain neutral as i think winding up opposition players can backfire. Mickey Quinn you f*t b*stard comes to mind

As regards RIP messages - Stan Bowles was a great player who I thought was outstanding and made a comment accordingly. If I have nothing to say about a player or indeed any person when an obituary comes up I don't and I certainly wouldn't demean myself to add something which detrimental.

Gazza you say, he has bit of an idiot at times (like anyone else) but hard not to like him .

Churlish - I don't think so but you are entitled to your opinion.

P.S. You also make the assumption that everyone on this forum is English...
So off track from where we started/what I wrote I think just leave it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here