Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Just seen Dyche on MOTD saying that we scored during 9 minutes of extra time as if this was some sort of excuse, saying he didn’t know where that came from! Really? You take as much time out of the game as you can and then don’t know why it’s added on at the end. He can’t be that thick shirley or maybe he is playing to his fans that he thinks are.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whilst I agree, whenever they get a free kick from anywhere near the halfway line, inc in their own half, they pump it into the box and might get a chance from it, exactly as Dyche's Burnley did (and as lead to their goal yesterday).

Why don't more teams do that, even the teams that like to pass?

Because not all teams have 6'3"+ as the main requirement of their recruitment policy :wink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is there any footage of the handbags at full time? It looked like RDZ was enjoying a frank exchange of views with someone on the pitch after the final whistle. No I’m not expecting it to turn up on the official club “socials”, sadly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just seen Dyche on MOTD saying that we scored during 9 minutes of extra time as if this was some sort of excuse, saying he didn’t know where that came from! Really? You take as much time out of the game as you can and then don’t know why it’s added on at the end. He can’t be that thick shirley or maybe he is playing to his fans that he thinks are.
I took his point being that they were so close to seeing the game out and needed to do better mentally that late in the game

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Is there any footage of the handbags at full time? It looked like RDZ was enjoying a frank exchange of views with someone on the pitch after the final whistle. No I’m not expecting it to turn up on the official club “socials”, sadly.
Also saw that and wondered what it was about, seemed to be the backroom staff at it

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Because not all teams have 6'3"+ as the main requirement of their recruitment policy :wink:
As well as most likely prioritising passing patterns over set piece routines in training sessions, hence opting to make better use of the former, as they’re not geared up to take advantage in the same way as a side like Everton.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think we really missed Mitoma yesterday, if we had him attacking down one flank, with Adringra on the other flank I think we would of put them under more pressure over the pitch rather than just going down our left flank,
injuries have really cost us this season

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Wouldn't it be refreshing if the interviewers stopped licking managers' arses and said something
like: "well Sean, there was a sending off, multiple stops for bad injuries, loads of subs, a time-wasting
goal celebration by your lot and other such tactics. That's why there were 9 extra f*****g minutes you
f******g twat".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure their chances from the deep free-kicks are headers, but rather just the random nature of who the ball falls to following one, as happened in yesterday's game.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Wouldn't it be refreshing if the interviewers stopped licking managers' arses and said something
like: "well Sean, there was a sending off, multiple stops for bad injuries, loads of subs, a time-wasting
goal celebration by your lot and other such tactics. That's why there were 9 extra f*****g minutes you
f******g twat".
Lol

The game’s had a complete charisma bypass, on the pitch and off and amongst the journalists too… even Roberto has stopped talking about our colossal balls… doubtless after being coached on the ‘proper’ way to do and say things… it’s all so vanilla, an unspoken code of conduct with no room for characters - deemed too great a risk in the modern world.

One can show charisma, humour, irony etc. without being politically incorrect… but the journalist’s are soooo reverential to the PL bosses it’s almost pointless them being there… however when you see people like Wilder getting all Billy big balls it’s hardly a surprise…

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think Everton are better than they think they are. I also think they are letting nerves gt to them. The winless streak is extra pressure. The fans are bricking it and that is felt by the players. Not a squeak from their fans after the equaliser because they doubted they would hang on.

Prickford really needs to grow up. As England's first choice, he should be respected widely but he he does himself no favours.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lol

The game’s had a complete charisma bypass, on the pitch and off and amongst the journalists too… even Roberto has stopped talking about our colossal balls… doubtless after being coached on the ‘proper’ way to do and say things… its all so vanilla, an unspoken code of conduct with no room for characters - deemed too great a risk in the modern world.

One can show charisma, humour, irony etc. without being politically incorrect… but the journalist’s are soooo reverential to the PL bosses it’s almost pointless them being there… however when you see people like Wilder getting all Billy big balls it’s hardly a surprise…
One of the worst manifestations of this in recent years is the huge bear hug that opposing mangers feel obliged to indulge in as they greet each other prior to kick off.

It’s like they’re being reunited with their ‘separated at birth’ blood brother for on the ‘Surprise Suprise’ Christmas Special ffs.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lol

The game’s had a complete charisma bypass, on the pitch and off and amongst the journalists too… even Roberto has stopped talking about our colossal balls… doubtless after being coached on the ‘proper’ way to do and say things… its all so vanilla, an unspoken code of conduct with no room for characters - deemed too great a risk in the modern world.

i think fans have too. In yonder years Pickford would been welcomed as a Englands number one, and warm applause maybe a bog roll or two.

Yesterday he just got unnecessary dogs abuse. Fans no longer have a joke or two with opposing goalies like we used to. It’s just abuse abuse and abuse. Utterly unsportsmanlike. Shame really.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
One of the worst manifestations of this in recent years is the huge bear hug that opposing mangers feel obliged to indulge in as they greet each other prior to kick off.

It’s like they’re being reunited with their ‘separated at birth’ blood brother for the first time on the ‘Surprise Suprise’ Christmas Special ffs.
I know, it’s all a bit WWF or WWE or whatever it’s called these days 😂

I get it in some respects, it’s about ‘respect’ and for the kids I guess it’s important that the modern form of the game places mutual respect etc. at the heart of its public face. It’s a shame however that this has spread into the journo’s domain… it’s cringey at times… yes, there was a opportunity to call out big Sean yesterday and the irony is - I think he’s one that would take it on the chin… (as much as he’s the perfect pantomime devil for us Albion fans) … it’s a shame that we’re all so reluctant to call it as we see it.

Roberto too must have been itching to stick the boot in, but latterly (thanks to his media training 😂) he’s started to lose his wonderfully refreshing edge in interviews and stick to ‘a script’ of sorts… I know he has little choice tbh, but I want BIG Balls and as often as the game will allow!!

And BOY was yesterday about balls of titanic proportions, especially with 10 men.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i think fans have too. In yonder years Pickford would been welcomed as a Englands number one, and warm applause maybe a bog roll or two.

Yesterday he just got unnecessary dogs abuse. Fans no longer have a joke or two with opposing goalies like we used to. It’s just abuse abuse and abuse. Utterly unsportsmanlike. Shame really.

and Maguire is first choice centre back so we should also warmly praise him as well ...oh

Players need to earn respect .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
and Maguire is first choice centre back so we should also warmly praise him as well ...oh

Players need to earn respect .
That’s just churlish. I’m talking about keeper, not Maguire who for some reason everyone hates not because of dark arts but because don’t rate him. Pickford is an outstanding keeper and our National number one. Your reply surprises me a bit but in some ways it doesn’t. Symptomatic of the poisonous polarisation of game. When Sam Bowles died, lots of warm comments. Can you imagine in 50-60 years time when current players die? Just an outpouring of abuse probably. Never used to be this way as said. Lots of England players playing for clubs weren’t treated with such hostility. Imagine Gazza today? Just loads of abuse. Sad really. Sadder if you’re one of those type of “fans”

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
That’s just churlish. I’m talking about keeper, not Maguire who for some reason everyone hates not because of dark arts but because don’t rate him. Pickford is an outstanding keeper and our National number one. Your reply surprises me a bit but in some ways it doesn’t. Symptomatic of the poisonous polarisation of game. When Sam Bowles died, lots of warm comments. Can you imagine in 50-60 years time when current players die? Just an outpouring of abuse probably. Never used to be this way as said. Lots of England players playing for clubs weren’t treated with such hostility. Imagine Gazza today? Just loads of abuse. Sad really. Sadder if you’re one of those type of “fans”
Pickford gets abuse because of his time wasting antics at previous games at the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here