Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
For anyone wanting to share a bit of the history with friends/colleagues who ask the very tiresome question of "why are you rivals?", here's a video that may help:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
im bringing my 8 year old to his first experience of a Palace game. Am I mad?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
im bringing my 8 year old to his first experience of a Palace game. Am I mad?

No

It's always disappointing to see any gaps in the crowd for this fixture, with parents fearing the worst.
Important that the young fans learn to despise Palace properly and not think it's something to be avoided.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No

It's always disappointing to see any gaps in the crowd for this fixture, with parents fearing the worst.
Important that the young fans learn to despise Palace properly and not think it's something to be avoided.

This. Really looking forward to tonight* at the moment but not as much as my 15yo who definitely despises the Nigels.

*till the game kicks off. Then I will be making noise but watching nervously, hating every second until we go at least three goals up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will be in town 5 hours before kick off.

Have an extra beer . Everyone to a man needs to step up tonight. Inside and outside

Don't let them have anything their own way anywhere

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
download (3).jpeg

A23 looking busy!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I hope it will be a good game, but having watched live all palace games this season ( and for that matter the last 20 seasons) Zaha won’t be missed he has not been playing well this season, Ayew is the bigger miss IMHO. This season Zaha has been sub and been subbed and even missed a few games all together and Palace have done ok.

Enjoy the game it should be a good one.

You say Zaha won't be missed based on what he has done this season so far, but he is one player that you just know will up his performance in this fixture!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Won't be the same without Zaha being our pantomime villain; "you're going to cry in a minute" ringing around the Amex is a great thing to hear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The three 90th minute goals in the last three games should give the early leavers something to think about

Please don’t let it be Edouard

Well don't let it be any of their players (or an OG from us) but why him in particular? We were never interested in him. Are we really at the stage in the world where we fear banter because of an incorrect internet rumour?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm treating myself to a new view tonight, West Upper. Do they have food outlets up there, or do we use ground floor ones?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well don't let it be any of their players (or an OG from us) but why him in particular? We were never interested in him. Are we really at the stage in the world where we fear banter because of an incorrect internet rumour?

Speak for yourself! Any Palace player but him if they must score :shrug:

We had a massive thread about him on here, whether or not it was true doesn’t matter I don’t want him to score against us, or Benteke either!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ah good, I'll get them to polish the lenses of the opera glasses too then
….oh they have a chap to do that for you up there.

…but to answer your question, yes they do have refreshment kiosks in the West Upper concourse. Have fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here