Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They will park the bus again as it’s somehow worked for them in the last 3 matches against us as we’ve only managed to score 2 goals from 58 shots.

A ratio of 29 shots to a goal seems about right for us this season. We got 26 shots off against Villa so a small increase could yield us a match winner. I’m still expecting a 0-0 though, 29 shots in one match is a huge amount to get.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This will definitely start as a behind the sofa peeping over the back of it game for me. I both hate and love playing Palace

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I feel ridiculously confident about tonight which means I'm nicely setup for a fall.

Not sure I'm ridiculously confident but I've not felt as relaxed coming into a Palace game for years. We've been playing so well, they've been poor, Zaha likely to be out, great opportunity to stride confidently away from the danger zone... and yet, experience tells me that it won't be that easy. Expect them to catch us half asleep early on and us to batter their bus for 80+ minutes in search of the elusive equaliser. 1-1, hope I'm wrong.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I can't be the only one bricking this?

Palace in poor form, we're in great form.

Palace love to burst our bubble....

Resurgent Fulham...

This is horrible.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not sure I'm ridiculously confident but I've not felt as relaxed coming into a Palace game for years. We've been playing so well, they've been poor, Zaha likely to be out, great opportunity to stride confidently away from the danger zone... and yet, experience tells me that it won't be that easy. Expect them to catch us half asleep early on and us to batter their bus for 80+ minutes in search of the elusive equaliser. 1-1, hope I'm wrong.

A point would be ok. It would mean, based on our GD, Fulham have to win two more matches than us than us to overhaul our points (or
win one and draw four depending on how you look at it).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably the oldest and most famous Derby of them all.

The A213 Derby. Certainly the most romantic of all the A road Derbies.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Pre-match nerves beginning to kick in now.

Being comfortably the better team counts for nothing in this game, as the last 3 fixtures proved.
The last time I've seen so much pre-game confidence was the play off second leg.

Would love it if we could go above them tonight, but it's far from a formality.

In a nutshell this is the problem. We have outplayed them several times but struggle to win. Nervous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't be the only one bricking this?

Palace in poor form, we're in great form.

Palace love to burst our bubble....

Resurgent Fulham...

This is horrible.

I'll feel a whole lot more optimistic when I hear official confirmation that 'Zaha is not even on the bench'. Till then I have an expectation he'll pop up with his customary goal to steal a point or three.

Apparently he has a thigh injury that has already prevented him taking a knee. My advice to him is to have a nice rest this evening, put his feet up and enjoy a couple of episodes of 'Ho(l)m(sdal)es under the Hammer' on catch up :thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If we can take our chances for once, 3-0.

Otherwise like Palace we don’t score enough. This is 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0. Hopefully the latter.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Been looking forward to this all week. Please don’t disappoint me Brighton.

:lolol:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Just had a look at Holmesdale Online. The general consensus there is that theyre loose.

I hope they’re right, but I can’t see it being a high scoring match either way.

I’d happily take a 1-0 win, obviously, but suspect it might be 0-0.

We shall see...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd feel a little easier about tonight if Fulham hadn't got 7 points from the last 3 games. Have a strong feeling of 0-0 about this one.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Screenshot 2021-02-22 105219.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For me it's all about if we can score in the first 30 mins. We will have a period of dominance in that time and create a few chances. Take one, and we'll win comfortably.

If we go in to half time 0-0, a bit of apprehension will set in and it could go either way.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll certainly be apprehensive if that's the case; not sure our players are as nervy though. Hope not, anyway! 1-0 to the Albion I reckon.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't believe for a second that Wilf is out for tonight , frankly it doesn't even matter , another pocket warmer for Veltman and a 2 nil win goodnight , thanks for coming .

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
That play-off game still stains the mind..

Not to mention the first ever league defeat at the Amex, Glenn's first return after they robbed us of him for nothing, absolutely loved Gus but f*ck me that one decision still f*cking hurts. Let's do this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here