Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

He’s fvcking brilliant.
Couldn't agree more. He really is so passionate and confident in the players and even the little skirmish with Thomas Frank against Brentford and his comments about it that he doesn't like anyone touching his players!! He has so much respect for them. Love the way he says my team,my players and my club even after just a few weeks of being here.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've asked before but how does this Toubian Talks Footy guy get tickets? He pops up in away ends at random games for which tickets are hard to come by. Not just the Albion but clubs throughout Europe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Wow, I didn't realise this is what it was like in the level below me in WSU. The chap doing the video seems alright in a "Tim. nice but dim" way. But it is no wonder Tony Bloom likes to escape to the away end when he get's the chance. :)
Yeah, I mentioned him in another thread. He's both, pretty annoying and quite charming at the same time. I reckon he'll get good at the vlogging/punditry/commentary lark if he sticks at it. HERITAGE FOOTBALL!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wow, I didn't realise this is what it was like in the level below me in WSU. The chap doing the video seems alright in a "Tim. nice but dim" way. But it is no wonder Tony Bloom likes to escape to the away end when he get's the chance. :)
Saturday afternoon, off to the game, ticket, check, change for the bus, check, pick out a nice tie, check, ironed my shirt, check, good to go!

el punal

I've asked before but how does this Toubian Talks Footy guy get tickets? He pops up in away ends at random games for which tickets are hard to come by. Not just the Albion but clubs throughout Europe.
An American Express Platinum card, loads of wonga, and the right connections. Easy when you know how. 😎

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
for anyone interested in the tactical battle between the two managers on saturday, this is an absolutely fantastic thread analysing the match

Wow...and I thought it was just 22 blokes kicking a ball around 😄. That took some time to put together 👍

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Although obviously great emphasis is put on athleticism I don’t think footballers are the same as when I first started watching in the late 60’s. They’re technically so much better and tactics are everything…. It’s different but still the greatest game in the world.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’d not listened to that before. He’s very impressive, intelligent And self effacing - almost out- pottering Potter.
Agreed. The thing that struck me about Potter is that he was almost emotionless when it came to football. Everything seemed to be so clever, calculated and methodical (including all his press chatter) - which worked well in so many ways. However, DeZ seems to have as good a footballing brain, seems brilliant with the players and also has that emotional/heart on his sleeve facet that Potter never really showed which is already endearing him to the squad and us.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Agreed. The thing that struck me about Potter is that he was almost emotionless when it came to football. Everything seemed to be so clever, calculated and methodical (including all his press chatter) - which worked well in so many ways. However, DeZ seems to have as good a footballing brain, seems brilliant with the players and also has that emotional/heart on his sleeve facet that Potter never really showed which is already endearing him to the squad and us.
I think there are some situations when it's best to be colder and more reserved, and some where letting it all hang out is called for.
That said, I think it's good to have a bit of a change with de Zerbi after Potter, and in some ways Hughton. Keeps things fresh and wakes everybody up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here