Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well because the bigger picture. Every week there is a MOTD thread with people demanding like 60 minutes of praise from whatever clueless pundit-numpties they have in the studio... what is that if not needy? And then when you win 4-1 and take the time to not only read but printscreen and upload pictures of whatever the Chelsea fans think about this and that... you know, it looks pretty needy. Pretty tinpot.

I didn't expect anything else really. Just find it all very OTT and that people are doing a shite job directing their emotions in a sensible manner. New manager takes a fantastic 4-1 win yet, based on the number of posts today, is completely overshadowed by the bloke who left a month ago. Of course I find that hilarious and play with it, which might be perceived as "snippy and jaundiced".
I agree with you on the MOTD thread..there are often some posters who appear to need affirmation from Shearer, Wright, Richards or whoever about how good we were that day, whatever the result, and seem slighted if we don't get the gushing praise they think we deserve. But you've extrapolated that onto visiting opposition messageboards for the same reason - and it ain't that. Certainly not from my perspective. But its driving your narrative that BHA fans are "needy", in some kind of quest to see nice things written about the club. Which is tiresome.

Given the manner of GPs exit, and the subsequent incessant raids by him on OUR club, I'm surprised you feel the reaction to went off yesterday was "OTT". Or maybe I shouldn't be, because you're not a fan. You haven't got the investment, or the feeling for this club. Which means you will never - ever - understand. Its completely outside of your sphere.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the first half we scored more goals against Potter's Chelsea than Palace, Wolves, Villa, Brentford and Man Utd managed between them in ten times the 45 minutes we had played. By the final whistle we had matched the total number of goals they've conceded in the nine EPL and ECL games they've played under his management.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the first half we scored more goals against Potter's Chelsea than Palace, Wolves, Villa, Brentford and Man Utd managed between them in ten times the 45 minutes we had played. By the final whistle we had matched the total number of goals they've conceded in the nine EPL and ECL games they've played under his management.
Plus 2 last-ditch goal line clearances before 5 minutes was on the clock. I think thats the definition of a "whirlwind start".

Lovely.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree with you on the MOTD thread..there are often some posters who appear to need affirmation from Shearer, Wright, Richards or whoever about how good we were that day, whatever the result, and seem slighted if we don't get the gushing praise they think we deserve. But you've extrapolated that onto visiting opposition messageboards for the same reason - and it ain't that. Certainly not from my perspective. But its driving your narrative that BHA fans are "needy", in some kind of quest to see nice things written about the club. Which is tiresome.

Given the manner of GPs exit, and the subsequent incessant raids by him on OUR club, I'm surprised you feel the reaction to went off yesterday was "OTT". Or maybe I shouldn't be, because you're not a fan. You haven't got the investment, or the feeling for this club. Which means you will never - ever - understand. Its completely outside of your sphere.
Yet I see far more posts from other boards when Brighton win compared to in other situations. But yeah I largely agree that it can be interesting. I've not been to many PL forums myself but of course I easily end up sitting on Leyton Orients forum or something to get a grasp of how they felt about Gianvito Plasmati or whatever. But when it comes to City or Chelsea... sorry, I struggle to see how it is "interesting". Half of them are Pulisic supporters, the other half has suffered takeover-insanity since Abramovich bought the club 20 years ago. They have two modes: either (when they win) they're the best, strongest and mightiest in the world or everyone needs to get sacked and sold and replaced with a new set of £100m mercenaries. It really doesn't get more "interesting" than that.

I don't think the reaction yesterday was OTT. Shitty to boo Bruno perhaps but other than that it was what you could expect. Its the whole "lets analyze Potters dull-as-feck post-game press conference word by word and make our own wonky interpretations" and also do an essay about the intensity of the hug between GP and Webster... those things are OTT. Not as in "evil" but as in "there's a new bloke in town, lets... move on, or look silly."

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yet I see far more posts from other boards when Brighton win compared to in other situations. But yeah I largely agree that it can be interesting. I've not been to many PL forums myself but of course I easily end up sitting on Leyton Orients forum or something to get a grasp of how they felt about Gianvito Plasmati or whatever. But when it comes to City or Chelsea... sorry, I struggle to see how it is "interesting". Half of them are Pulisic supporters, the other half has suffered takeover-insanity since Abramovich bought the club 20 years ago. They have two modes: either (when they win) they're the best, strongest and mightiest in the world or everyone needs to get sacked and sold and replaced with a new set of £100m mercenaries. It really doesn't get more "interesting" than that.

I don't think the reaction yesterday was OTT. Shitty to boo Bruno perhaps but other than that it was what you could expect. Its the whole "lets analyze Potters dull-as-feck post-game press conference word by word and make our own wonky interpretations" and also do an essay about the intensity of the hug between GP and Webster... those things are OTT. Not as in "evil" but as in "there's a new bloke in town, lets... move on, or look silly."
But you have a new fanbase to be condescending to, you've made a good start, off you pop. In 20 odd posts you've already got a full idea of their posters.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Oh dear…picking a couple of examples from literally hundreds to suit your (Potter lovechild) narrative. Your encyclopaedic knowledge of European football means you post a ton of great stuff on here (which I at least appreciate), but anything Potter-related and you come across as a complete bellend.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Really tough line to draw here. There are those that really are a little overawed by the company we keep these days, perhaps they can recall the 50/60s?. Then there are the newer breed that hardly recall the Withdean, let alone The Goldstone! The latter sometimes seem to forget that we cannot match the top six in terms of spending power.

Personally after following the club through Div 3 and then 2 in the mid 70’s I was lucky enough to see our first stint in the top league. I also remember Chelsea being in a division below us, and Man City in the old Div 3. Whilst we have to have a healthy respect for the big boys, I steadfastly refuse to doff my cap to them, and it really pisses them off at times.
Ah the 1970s - happy days: Chelsea, Spurs, Man U all relegated.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
People joined a club that represents everything that is wrong with football, and they did it with a timing and in a way that utterly betrays the people that gave them their opportunity. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's booing fans that's the problem as opposed to the immorality and avarice of Chelsea and their employees and owners. Are we supposed to politely clap them?
Hear hear - is there a way of giving more than one “like” to that post?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Half of them are Pulisic supporters, the other half has suffered takeover-insanity since Abramovich bought the club 20 years ago. They have two modes: either (when they win) they're the best, strongest and mightiest in the world or everyone needs to get sacked and sold and replaced with a new set of £100m mercenaries. It really doesn't get more "interesting" than that.
Perhaps some sort of Swedish Entity person should post something like that to his shiny new friends on their fans forum? Just to test their entitlement, like .....................

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Perhaps some sort of Swedish Entity person should post something like that to his shiny new friends on their fans forum? Just to test their entitlement, like .....................
No no no, they're too far gone. They don't know what football is. To them it is a 365 day per year transfer window with a few games thrown in just to annoy them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here